MY 1KW SMPS Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hello..

Parts Arrived for the 1KW SMPS yesterday, so today assembled.

70KHZ, Resonant SMPS. With Some SMD Parts, Output +-80VDC, With 1030W load it goes to 76+-VDC!

See some videos, and Pictures.

One thing to remind all people who claim a success in High Power SMPS Specailly the 4KW and above, Unless you show a load connected to your SMPS or DONT Talk.

They Post a picture, and saying *my 4KW smps finished* :D, Okay, if thats the case, then this is my 6KW smps!!! :D

Only RMS power we talk about here.

Attached videos was created quick. Voltage Test, Current Test.

Thanks!

[video=youtube;IxDOmpv8_VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxDOmpv8_VA[/video]

Attachments

• DSC00246.jpg
    DSC00246.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,233
  • DSC00266.jpg
    DSC00266.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • DSC00265.jpg
    DSC00265.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,649

Danspy

Amplifier Maniac
Sorry but your video files seemed to bi Corrupted, or it is the damned Hotspot Shield.:mad:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Danspy;198]Sorry but your video files seemed to bi Corrupted, or it is the damned Hotspot Shield.:mad:

Ok

Video Now on Youtube, to make all see it

thanks

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
1300w load test....

Hello...

I Prepared the SMPS for the 1300W Test. Results are very nice.

Start UP circuit attached, with current sense. Videos soon

Now using a FAN is a must, Parts really gets HOT. How ever, this is not needed in the audio amplifiers.

But Fan keeps thigs cold, at low speed :)

I will mesure tempreture when i get some meters in the next few days.

Now Output is +-75 VDC, 8.8 AMP

Oh, Picture below is for the load being used by a company who CLAIM a success into 4KW SMPS, those are Engineers, So they use lamps as a load ;) , That proves they know nothing :rolleyes:. Lamp Cannot be used as LOAD to TEST SMPS!!! :cool:

See video Below.....

[video=youtube;7DchYKTQ9jA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DchYKTQ9jA[/video]

Attachments

• LOAD.jpg
    LOAD.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 830

IGBT

Switching Fanatic!
What the?

Are these True Results?

Intrested into these to make one for my amp, what voltages are there?

Thanks

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
1700w??

And now,

We connect 1700W load to a 1100W rated SMPS, that sizes 16CMx19CM only!

and still its working!!!!

[video=youtube;C_S8A7GLCFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S8A7GLCFA[/video]

D

DX RENATOWSK

Beautiful work, I'm impressed.
I would love to have a supply of these to connect my dx amp's.

Regards Renato.

chas11

Your supply is interesting,I note that no pfc .What are the input requirements?I realize you have not finished your test when you do can you post results along with design goals.

Thanks
Chas11

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Your supply is interesting,I note that no pfc .What are the input requirements?I realize you have not finished your test when you do can you post results along with design goals.

Thanks
Chas11

Thanks, the supply was tested at 220VAC, it can run AT 110VAC in the voltage doubler mode.

Now working at the Protection module, the SMPS is stable at 1200W RMS, thats the most important for me.

more results will be shown soon.

Soon 4000W SMPS will be released.

chas11

Thanks, the supply was tested at 220VAC, it can run AT 110VAC in the voltage doubler mode.

Now working at the Protection module, the SMPS is stable at 1200W RMS, thats the most important for me.

more results will be shown soon.

Soon 4000W SMPS will be released.

What controller IC are you using and it would be nice to know what house you used for your transformer,I am looking for one to do a couple for me and as you say your supply is very stable this indicates they got the leakage inductance right.Did you use a bobbin with sections?

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
SMPS Power....

What controller IC are you using and it would be nice to know what house you used for your transformer,I am looking for one to do a couple for me and as you say your supply is very stable this indicates they got the leakage inductance right.Did you use a bobbin with sections?[/QUOTE]

The Whole design is basen on the IR2153D chip. its Cheap and reliable.

However, controlling other functions for this chip is not an easy task.

But over all, the purpose of this prototype is to deliver (1200W RMS (+-82VDC & +-15VDC)

Witch is a success for me in the first prototype.

Also transformer was special design, per my specifications, Resonant.

Transformer is in the ETD44 size, In order to make the smallest SMPS size.

chas11

Oh!did you wind the transformer or was it off the shelf?If a company produced it for you could you supply name and price in small qty?Hmm ETD44 core set seems small at that frequency,you might want to check core temp @full load,by my calculations you can squeeze about 1.5kW from ETD 44@ fsw 100kHz or higher if the window will allow wire size,might consider ETD49 almost same footprint.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Ee core

Oh!did you wind the transformer or was it off the shelf?If a company produced it for you could you supply name and price in small qty?Hmm ETD44 core set seems small at that frequency,you might want to check core temp @full load,by my calculations you can squeeze about 1.5kW from ETD 44@ fsw 100kHz or higher if the window will allow wire size,might consider ETD49 almost same footprint.

Hello

I told its in the ETD 44 Size, NOT ETD44.

Also i cannot mention the exact details about transformer, since the design company improved the original design I have made, since this might be a commercial product in the near future. As I told also I wanted the smallest size. :)

But that Core Gives 1200W RMS without any problems, also that supply IS resonant, Not hard swicthing.

I am now busy in the 4KW, and the 6KW SMPS prototypes.

Good luck

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful work, I'm impressed.
I would love to have a supply of these to connect my dx amp's.

Regards Renato.

Hello Renato.

You can make this supply, the other simple protorype of it. its not hard. its easy.

Can you get the parts for this?

IR2153D
ETD59
IRFP460
Ultra Fast Diodes

If you can access those. I will publish complete 800W RMS SMPS soon, Hard Switching, you can modify it to the voltage you want.

So if i find more people intrested into bulding it, I will do it fast..

Thanks

chas11

Maybe I missing something,the halfbridge section is hard switching and in the design the cap and the transformer inductance form the resonant part which convert the square wave to deliver the soft switching part also I design smps so I don't need to copy anyone's design.I asked about the company that furnished your transformer as we are always looking for pcb and other houses to farm out work to.The only contribation that I would make to this site is methods to simulate various parts of smps design not to publish my designs for copy as for your commerical venture I wish you luck for anyone to buy a supply that the only testing done is to light a few bulbs well...

chas11

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Manufacturer

Maybe I missing something,the halfbridge section is hard switching and in the design the cap and the transformer inductance form the resonant part which convert the square wave to deliver the soft switching part also I design smps so I don't need to copy anyone's design.I asked about the company that furnished your transformer as we are always looking for pcb and other houses to farm out work to.The only contribation that I would make to this site is methods to simulate various parts of smps design not to publish my designs for copy as for your commerical venture I wish you luck for anyone to buy a supply that the only testing done is to light a few bulbs well...

chas11

Chas, I know you are an expert into SMPS, I know you very well :)

This site also will supply free designs in the near furture.

So its NOT fully commercial, as you Can see, I SELL NOTHING at my site.

Also you are most than welcome to publish what EVER you want here, this plac for people to learn, including my self. so please dont leave us.

Adress for Company who manufacturered my transformers : http://www.precision-inc.com/

Also I am alone behind this work, so dont think too far about the commercial area, I am too far also.

And if you mean that my supply lighted some bulbs well, I cant see bulbs in my test, the only reason I used a bulb, just to show that the LOAD was connected at the test. And tell me what other test i have to show for that SMPS, or you show me a 12 Amp 142VDC drawn from your SMPS, then I will be happy for you.

I have no idea if you have a SMPS design that I dont have already, While as I said before, here I plan to help, not to SELL mainly.

So please, be part of the site, and dont miss understand me

diysmps will help people on the long run, and I may sell some critical parts for SMPS for ANY one who plans to make a successful SMPS in no time.

I tried to seek help in the past to make my smps, NO one helped me. Thats why you see www.diysmps.com now.
FREE FOR ALL.

* One thing, all who sells commercial SMPS over the web, NONE of them shows you a load connected to the supply. while I have complete documentations about them all collected! so dont make my SMPS looks ugly for other people in here. Please.

While I show REAL results, not like PWM show some pictures of a SMPS, CLAIMING its 4KW, :rolleyes: with some pictures only.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.