diysmps Project 1

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
For all.

I plan to start this thread for a 1KW SMPS Hard switching for audio amplifiers, from scratch.

Any one who is intrested, or, Can help into this diy project, please post here.

I cant do it alone...

this easy project will make all do a SMPS for audio amplifiers.

thank you

dudaindc

Analog Ears!
Sami
I am interested in learning in the process.
I would love to see a "stage-by-stage" design process and the decision making process that goes along with it.
My guess is that the first one would be the required characteristics like power capacity (already defined as 1KW), multi-voltage handling, PFC, etc.
I will help as much as my limited knowledge allows...:p

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
SMPS Schematic

Hello

SMPS Schematic, The one we should build.

I cant see any intrested people in here!! :confused:

Attachments

• IR2153_SMPS.jpg
    IR2153_SMPS.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,833

Malmir

I know who is, but he just joined this site, so You didn't see him before :).
Is there any schematic for the 1200W SMPS ? The one in this thread is very simple ? But yet again it might be the simple thing that works best .-).

BRGD
Klavs.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
SMPS power Ratings

I know who is, but he just joined this site, so You didn't see him before :).
Is there any schematic for the 1200W SMPS ? The one in this thread is very simple ? But yet again it might be the simple thing that works best .-).

BRGD
Klavs.

???

I have no idea, whats the relation between simple schematic and power rating of SMPS.
That schematic works perfect, also it can be adapted to deliver 1.6KW.

See the 1.7KW load video for that SMPS in the 1KW SMPS thread.

If you are looking for something more complex, please see below schematics

Welcome to the forums.

Attachments

• Schema Sursa rev2.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,377
  • 2KW_SMPS.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,654

Malmir

Arrhh looks nice and some fun to work with :).

1000W for some amp's should be enought for many people. Is there a schematic for Your 1200W or did You allready post (if so sorry for my confusion :)).

Sincerely
Klavs.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Arrhh looks nice and some fun to work with :).

1000W for some amp's should be enought for many people. Is there a schematic for Your 1200W or did You allready post (if so sorry for my confusion :)).

Sincerely
Klavs.

It looks you are looking for 2KW and above.

The shematics I posted are ALMOST standard ones all over.

If you need 4KW SMPS, Wait some time it will be posted here soon.

The schematic for the supply in video,, is the same one here using IR2153D chip, BUT resonant mode, not hard switching

** Also SMPS are not FUN, One mistake you will be in heaven, so dont Joke with SMPS, because they DONT Joke when they blow.

Have you made any SMPS recently?

dineshkom

i am new user in this site , from india , i found your SMPS project diagram and all , thankful for your grate job where i will get Ferrite Trans former turns details.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
i am new user in this site , from india , i found your SMPS project diagram and all , thankful for your grate job where i will get Ferrite Trans former turns details.

Thanks for the intrest.

I will post PCB soon also

Find here the FINAL schematic

And transformer details also,

SMPS Running frequency is 70KHZ

TRANSFORMER ETD49 UNGAP
N87
Npri=16x2 turn 0.4x5wire
Nmain sec =11turn X 4 0.4X6wire

Winding Order.

(1/2 Primary) 16 Turns * ALL SECONDARY * 16 Turns (1/2 Primary)

Isolation:

2 layers at least mylar tape between PRIMARY AND SECONDARY.

I will put more info very soon, PLEASE ASK HERE BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY THING, WE CAN HELP

***WARNING***
Please: Dont attempt to build this SMPS without ASKING first, one mistake it may kill you.
diysmps site, or owner HELD NO responsibility about any mistakes by ANY one who ATTEMPT to make this SMPS without
Saftey, or protection. SMPS deals with HIGH VOLTAGE. 320VDC,
And that voltage is lethal.

*AGAIN* one mistake it will KILL YOU. DEATH IS PERMANENT.

Also, If you follow the steps you will succeed.

Attachments

• SMPS_FULL.jpg
    SMPS_FULL.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,449

dineshkom

Thank u brother, i am very interested this project, i like to build one for experiment, to connect my TDA7294 amp, " i am not a business man" working in Gov. Standard Testing lab, i hope u will help me.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Thank u brother, i am very interested this project, i like to build one for experiment, to connect my TDA7294 amp, " i am not a business man" working in Gov. Standard Testing lab, i hope u will help me.

I will help you make it

if you follow the steps.

Lets start now if you wish.

arif

buddy, sorry to bother you, but in the first schematic, how did you work out the resistor value for the transformer snubber?...i understand that P = 0.5 C V^2, where P is the power you want to dissipate (max 2W resistor) and V is the working voltage across the winding (bus voltage)..so where to from here to work out resistor value?..thanks in advance

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
And ir2153 not IR2153D?

Both models will Work, But I used IR2153D

Also new transformers arriving soon, Vertical version this time.

I dont think your core will fit into this application * Unless you* make the whole calculations again.

Thanks

Malmir

In this 2kW project there are some 4702 and 1003. What value are they 4702 = 47*10^02 or 470*10^2 ?
Why not use p, n, u, m, E (or R), k, M, G it is normaly easier to understand when bom is missing :).

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
In this 2kW project there are some 4702 and 1003. What value are they 4702 = 47*10^02 or 470*10^2 ?
Why not use p, n, u, m, E (or R), k, M, G it is normaly easier to understand when bom is missing :).

Who told you that 2KW SMPS schematic was submitted as DIY Project? it was for refrence for all users

Also, some one with little knowledge into electronics could understand.

If that 1003 is a resistor then its 100000 Ohms, 4702 its 47000 Ohms
:rolleyes:

Hope its clear now!