400w DARLİNGTON AMPLİFİCATOR 2 ohm STABLE

Lira

Thanks! I will try to finish next weekend, have a lot of stuff to do this weekend. :(
You always have good circuits! I like it very much! :D

erhan739

Lira... I know you're too much busy these days it's not problem.. but ı want see your projects here later stuffs... :)

Last edited:

Lira

I Just made some modifications on the layout to meet the simetrical design rules, here is the lyt from protheus. Hope you like it.

Attachments

• darlington_v1.1.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 355

vedmitra

Hai Lira regards from Vedmitra Sharma, I want to start this project need your advice. 1. Can I put more darlingtons in parallal and how many. I know this is not going to increase output voltage but certainly current which can give ample power to drive subwoofers. I have made darlington circuits earlier and found the sound quality similar silky as of valve amplifiers.Please post your modifications in pdf format as I could not extract your zip format. if you wish you can post to my id that is vedmitraa@gmail.com

Lira

Hai Lira regards from Vedmitra Sharma, I want to start this project need your advice. 1. Can I put more darlingtons in parallal and how many. I know this is not going to increase output voltage but certainly current which can give ample power to drive subwoofers. I have made darlington circuits earlier and found the sound quality similar silky as of valve amplifiers.Please post your modifications in pdf format as I could not extract your zip format. if you wish you can post to my id that is vedmitraa@gmail.com

Hi, If you drive 2ohm speakers thats no need for extra output transistors. If you drive 1ohm speaker you can put 4 more output transistors, but its not recomended use this amplifier in such that low impedance because the transistors will overheat an burn on very high inductive loads caused by big speakers.!!!:

Here are the files,

Best Regards

Lira

Attachments

• darlington_v1.1.LYT.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 391
  • darlington_v1.1.LYT_CooperSide.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 364

vedmitra

Thanks Lira for your reply , though the amp can be build without circuit but it is amazing to see that the circuit of this amp has not been published.I will be grateful if circuit diagram can be published. As for output load the earlier versions of tip 100 watts circuits published by philips I tested them 4 pairs of darlington on dummy load of 1 ohm 280 watts + speaker and it worked undistorted for hours. and amazingly as in other circuits sound gets distorted if you put this kind of load there was not any distortion.one more question can we use this circuit in bridge mode and how. Waiting for your valuable reply Vedmitrasharma.

Lira

Hi, I found the very first schematic of this amplifier, please note that the pcb has some different componets, wich is highly optimised to work with lower impedances. Although i not recomend using this amplifier on bridge, because of the high currents that returns to the transistors. It can easily done by using a pre stage with opamps with inverted phases one against the other, and put two boards in bridge.

Use this only on 8Ohms for subwoofers, but from my past testing experience of this amplifier, in bridge you will get a lot of distortions on mid high frequencies, and the circuit can oscilate easily on high inductive loads.

For higher output power you can use discrete amplifiers with the 2sc5200 and 2sa1943, it distorts less and can handle more power, Darlingtons are great when no more than 400w/ch are needed.

Be sure to check the ɥFe of all the darlingtons you have and chose the ones that have the same values, or almost the same to ensure the stability of the circuit.

Best Regards;

Lira

Attachments

• schematic.jpg
    schematic.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 411

vedmitra

Thanks Lira, I am in for making this amplifier. soon i will post pictures of proccedure. at present I am busy refurbicating my workshop.Are you really in for big speakers .Here in Agra part time I supervise A speaker and box fabricating co.Have you designed any speaker more than 18" size.please contact. vedmitr Sharma

Lira

About Big Speakes

Thanks Lira, I am in for making this amplifier. soon i will post pictures of proccedure. at present I am busy refurbicating my workshop.Are you really in for big speakers .Here in Agra part time I supervise A speaker and box fabricating co.Have you designed any speaker more than 18" size.please contact. vedmitr Sharma

I've built a 21' for subwoofer using a W-Horn custom box for a client this week, later i´ll show some pics

Best Regards

Lira

Lira

Hello Lira, Where are your photos of 21" speaker and Pcb of 400 watts vedmitraa

The speaker i sold last month with a custom made w-horn box, but the pcbs i have is here.
I will be building another 21' speaker in a couple of weeks

Best Regards

Lira

Lira

Here is a new revision of the pcb.
I made some fixes, and now the board is completely stable
You can use it for hours in 2 ohms without any problem

All the best

DIYSMPS

Attachments

• darlington_v1.2.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 334

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Greetings Lira,

What software to open this file *.LYT ?

Regards.

Here is a new revision of the pcb.
I made some fixes, and now the board is completely stable
You can use it for hours in 2 ohms without any problem

All the best

DIYSMPS

vedmitra

Hello Lira , Thanks for the update but the problem is that I have only 7.0 version of proteus and your files will open in proteus 7.8 version. Would you be kind enough to send in pdf version.
Thanking you.
Vedmitra Sharma

vedmitra

Thanks Mr. Lira
What other transistors can be used in place of bd911 and bd912 as can not find in local and even in Delhi market .
can you guide me how to attach photos and other files with reply.
thanks again
Vedmitra Sharma