Recent content by jarrod0987

1. J

Q about isolation transformers.

So I have always heard from every pro that you should use an isolation transformer to be safe when working on AC powered electronics. I understand what it does etc. Recently, I had someone tell me, save your money and just lift the ground bu using a wall plug adapter that converts the 3 prong to...
  2. J

Q about secondary side.

I have been doing electronics on and off (mostly off :) ) since about 90'. I have been studying SMPS for a while now. Reading the guides, watching the videos etc. Something has been bugging me. Many of these people are not native English speakers. They always seem to say that AC comes out of the...
  3. J

Help with Blue Ring Tester

I am trying to solve an SMPS that keeps blowing it's MOSFET. I bought the Blue Ring tester from Anatek. I tried contacting them but they do not answer the phone and the forum is dead. Will not even let me Log in once I have registered. When I take the transformer out of the board and test the...
  4. J

KA3525A help with pin outs.

I am trying to repair a SMPS that is not running. Replaced a bad power mosfet and output diodes but still there is no signal out of the driver IC KA3525A. https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/KA/KA3525A.pdf I want to make sure that pin 10 "Shut down" is an input, and Pin 16 "5.1v REF" is...