Recent content by stewin

1. S

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

ok silvio thanks .noted
  2. S

how many turns did you use for your gdt? also can the heating and the failing of the fets be because i am not using full wave rectification at the dc +/-60 . i am just using one diode per rail! ??
  3. S

hi Silvio , thanks for the reply , i think it is because i use 7812 regulator even before the gdt , and maybe the home wound gdt requires more current than the 7812 can provide . also not using bd139/140 as buffer transistors and using a1020 and c2655 as buffers for the gdt
  4. S

thanks silvio , thanks for the quick reply and your help, but i have one question which is puzzling me . all this problems i am facing because i am using a class ab amp and have bridged it. now even the irf740 at test volume and a load of 4ohm speaker . the bridged ab amp has 4 transistors per...
  5. S

hello all , i have an issue the smps i made heats up irfp460 or 21n50c fets but if i use irf740 the heat is not present at the fets. when i put the bulb in series with smps and load a class ab with the bulb still in series the irfp460/21n50c they do heat insanely with little load and must be...
  6. S

2 kwts discreet class d need help

the lm311 post and pre feedback project is coming up...... :cool: it uses both post and pre feedback .. any opinions and comments are appreciated.;) i have uploaded the schematic but it is not showing
  7. S

Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

unfortunately it does not work , lm324 also i tried as324 and both did not work .
  8. S

thanks silvio for the reply. this amp is robust and works flawless without any hf noise and comfortably handles 2ohms load per channel with +/-49volts . the only issue is that you have to use geniune tl074/84 and bc327 and bc337 if you use counterfeit the amp will draw alot of current and it...
  9. S

hello all , i have made my latest version of this amp , i opted for a through hole ic due to challenges in getting a geniune tl074/84 smd . imagine the smd also have issue :(, A not original ic works fine in preamp,eq, crossovers etc , but can't work well in this class d amp , with this...
  10. S

hi silvio . will this below quad opamp work?? mc33179
  11. S

thanks silvio , the tl074/84 is a very sensitive area . if i put chinese tl074/84 they don't work but consumes a lot of current. same as the bc337/327 they have to be genuine parts . if ne5532 will work , maybe i can give them a try and hoping it will not be too choosy as the tl074/84. by...
  12. S

thanks silvio for the fast reply, will the ne5532 be fast enough to generate the triangle wave required for the switching devices? also i had tried the 2n5551 and 5401 instead of bc 337 and 327 , but they cause the output fets to heatup too much.
  13. S

hi all , i have made many pcb versions of this amp , i still stick to the original schematic in the above link. the thing i found interesting in this amp is that it requires original tl074/084 and bc327 and bc337 . if you compromise in this area it will consume alot of current at idle an...
  14. S

The Best Amplifier I have ever heard

the protection is excellent but once i tried two boards with no success