2 kwts discreet class d need help

exflaco

Michelle rotate 180 degree the upper bd pair (more short) gate distance and use only 2 pairs ,90n20 cost same 4 pairs 260 and the same power,minus job

michelle

hi exflaco
greetings yes i will do mods on pcb is components on pcb same like schematic any faults please let me knoe
warm regards
michelle

stewin

hi there stewin. is your latest discreet ucd schematic correct? i'm gonna try to building a discreet class d while waiting for my IR2110 to arrive.

pls do try the amp is o.k and very powerfull if the power does not satisfy you pls make another channel and bridge at the input balanced very simple. pls do not exceed +/-65vlts but this amp is very powerful . you can also use irf540n but at +/- 45vlts maximum

stewin

Stewin where it the final schem for tis amp wat post? and pcb?

hi welcome to this forum hope you will help . i like your work on diy audio ucd25-1200wts .

this amp is powerful and works well but after testing non ucd classd http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showt...UCD-style-and-Non-UCD-style-PCB-Ready.-Tested. i realy wanted to make this discreet amp non ucd.
because of the silence and coolness of the outputs fet even when driving hard in the nonucd amp.

you can make this version in post #189 and the correction you'll find at post #234 but please don't exceed +/-65vlts
if you want more power feel free to bridge make sure you have powerful
speakers.

have fun .

stewin

please avoid BDs transistor at totem pole and change it with 2n5401 and 2n5551 and change pin leg accordingly.

which is the best transistor to use as buffer in totem pole . to drive 4 pairs irfb 4227 or irfp250 or irfp264 or (irf640 6pairs)

exflaco

Stewin bd 139 140 replace tc4420 in triell model irs2092 work fine and cheap ,but the last mofications it only 1 or 2 pair vmos mos powerfull ir90n20 or irfp3768 and only a bd136 more diode ,no totem pole.

stewin

hi exflaco can i add bjt totem pole and use 3pairs of irfp260 with irs 900 schematic at +/- 90volts ? according to posts and specs it is said it is clearer than triel.

Last edited:

stewin

guys i have decided to go back to basics fully discreet. i liked this amp but the only set back was it never handled well high voltage the outputs were heating . but if i have to bridge at low voltage like +/-55vlts i prefer this amp to the others here are my layouts . i have ordered smd resistors but before they arrive here is what i am up to. i will post components and bom later. have fun

Attachments

• gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink schematic.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 504
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink 2.JPG
    gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink 2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 236
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink pcb bottom.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 401
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink.JPG
    gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 382
  • gtG ucd single discreet with dc protc perfected flat heat sink pcb top.pdf
    107.8 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:

pergo

which component heats up? only output mosfet?
if yes, IRFP250N are too bad for high freq class D

stewin

i have tried with irf640/640n irfp250n/250/260/260n
and irfb4227 to my shock and surprise it also heated at +/- 60vlts

Last edited:

stewin

gate resistor i use 4.7ohms all fets i tried 22 ohms but the heat increased unbearably

Last edited:

pergo

antiparallel diode on gate resistor? Try that. Like 1N4148.
Try also to remove the base resistor before the totem pole (R38 and R62). I never use it. Why do you use it?

However, post switching waveform at idle at the inductor's input (drain of low side or source of high side mosfet)

stewin

thanks pergo i will try it . pls can you post your schema with irfp240 and totem pole tip 41 & 42 . what voltage did you manage to safely operate the your amp with?

pergo

i'm temporarily on holiday :D (until September).
I'm not built this amp yet. I tried only the integrated version from the other thread (with IR2010 and 2110).

I will built this amp (without protections) after the holidays so i can help you more than now, with o-scope, tests, etc.

Those advice were the cheapest i had in my mind.
In general, i never used resistors before a totem pole drive. For example, in my SMPS.
But i don't know if a 4.7r make the difference in this design.

However, waveforms' measure are required for more accurate replies.