Search results

1. Z

Has anybody tried one of these far eastern grid tie inverters ?

Like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600W-MPPT-Micro-Solar-Inverter-Grid-Inverter-DC22V-60V-to-AC-230V-50Hz-60Hz-UK81/253569254624?hash=item3b09e7c4e0:g:rR0AAOSwNSZa1yHT My only real concern would be testing the islanding and I think that could be done by plugging it via a power meter like...
  2. Z

PV water heating and grid-tie description

I have tried various renewable energy sources, this is my PV system presently rated at 1Kwp. Originally it consisted of only the Booster and hot water system, the GTI was added later to use energy surplus to water heating. The reason for water heating is to save running the oil boiler that...
  3. Z

Average PV output to 310518

Hello everybody, here is the weekly averaged Kwh from my solar system, the horizontal is hours so this is about 11 months of data. The system is 1Kwp facing SSW at latitude 52degN elsewhere I will try to describe it more fully. This is a DIY system used mainly for water heating and receives no...
  4. Z

Is it just my impression or are the active members here only interested in audio psu

Hi all, I have been a member a while and watching what goes on here from time to time. It seems to me this is mostly a support site for some audio amp smps designs, am I right ? Are any members for example interested in power electronics for renewable energy or electric vehicles ?
  5. Z

Hi all newbie here :)

This site looks interesting, I have lots of switching bit's around alternative energy, like to feel my music, write software/firmware/vhdl etc and frequently burn my fingers soldering stuff that just should not be that small!! Hoping to join in the fun :) BTW how do I add a profile pic, or does...