Search results

1. D

Another IR2153 smps

This photo shows the simulation by Multisim and it seems that it proves the split capacitor technique as an acceptable way for another protection control to IR2153 and possibly to other dedicated IC controllers The XMM3 tester shows 712 mV or .712 V of the OCP circuit with 5k load..which is...
  2. D

Gate Drive Transformer Issues

I'm back again in this thread..I tested already the toroid I posted here (the big one)..it really got almost a PERFECT square wave and the amazing thing about the testing is it is connected to IGBT's gate and source..so it means the secondary is loaded.. and the surprising thing is It can burn...
  3. D

Here are the the toroids that are to be tested as soon as I obtain driver transistors for it.. at the left is the toroid which you mentioned so big, at the right is a toroid from chinese cfl so small.. Yours are exactly fit as GDT in terms of size..It looks its size is at the middle of mine...
  4. D

I have here a toroid..but don't know about its specs..see the pictures below if this can be used as GDT..
  5. D

IR2153 smps with short circuit protection.

Hi Bettecher, Is this core in the picture is what exactly the green powdered iron core form old atx psu you use as current sense transfo? Thanks friend and regards, demykiko
  6. D

Proper Drive Voltage for IGBT

This is my first post in this section..I just want to know what is the right voltage to drive the gate of IGBT..according to datasheet 15v is suggested..but I want to know from you experts your confirmation if you really follow it or still use the driving voltage for Mosfet which is 10 to...
  7. D

Hi Blas, This is now the waveshapes pics after increasing the turns..there is improvement but only if the resistors are to be change also..but if the value of resistor is retained the down-sloping peaks becomes worser than before..so I changed the resistor value for the gate (Rg) and also the...
  8. D

I thought I found a good combination of components for GDT circuit driven directly via 20 ohms connected from the output of SG3525 and to the primary of GDT because its secondary waveform looks fine..Is this pics and video a good indication of nice GDT waveshape?..pls comment.. I omitted the...
  9. D

Asking help from Microsim

Here some pictures sir.. first pic is the top view of the circuit second pic is the actual 5 min test with load third pic is the waveform (loaded)
  10. D

here are the pictures..
  11. D

Hello sir Microsim, I observe that you are a pioneer in diy smps based on your several smps projects posted here..and I am glad to tell you that I am also your follower. I just want to ask some questions regarding the operation of my own handmade smps whether it is ok or not and also some...