Search results

1. D

CRT oscilloscope power supply which topology.

I need to power a 'scope project. I have either 5v (preferably) or 12v source, and I need +12v, +300v, +400v, -200v, -300v and 6.3v (ac filament) voltages. The high voltages are less than a mA, the 6.3 filament is around 3 watts. Initially I'm thinking Tl494 (which needs >5v for its ref to work)...
  2. D

Current transformer calculator

Anyone know a online or downloadable current transformer calc? I've been using the magnetics one, it only allows you to calc their own cores, I've been sort of approximating their core materials for the ones I'm using. What I'd like to do particularly is check to ensure my designs dont saturate...
  3. D

1300 w hp server smps power up signals

People, I have a 1300w smps out of a hp g2 server. I've seen a few youtubes about dell server smps's and how to power them up, how can I do this with the hp. Sure I could sort it just that I'd rather not risk blowing something as theres 3.3v on the multiway connector as well as power on signals.
  4. D

Noob to the forum

Hi people. New here. I have built a few smps's, including a couple off line, I'm not an expert in such matters but I do have some experience.