Search results

1. B

Car SMPS Project

@dear silvio could you help me calculate the right gate resistor for mosfets I don't know 2 things first one what are the correct values for rise time and fall time of IR2110? second what happens when I use two mosfets in parallel? (should I double the calculated value) I'll appriciate any help
  2. B

Car SMPS Project

Thanks Dear Silvio for your helps So it turned out that my multi meter was reading incorrectly (Broken) and the temp on the back metal part of mosfets never reach 50 degrees with a low value snubbers (I use another multi meter) So now I need to know how exactly I can choose the best values for...
  3. B

Car SMPS Project

Hi again I manage to build a full bridge inverter to drive my amplifier in the car everything is good except mosfet's overheating under load here's a picture of primary transformer without any output load : *** Oscilloscope Volt/Div is on 2 (((Channel 2))) and the probe is set to X10 and...
  4. B

Car SMPS Project

@ Dear Silvio Here's a video clip from the Gate of mosfets at the same time according to Negative : https://youtu.be/na7jK3TaPWM Here's some shots of the transformer primaries at the same time according to Positive : both channel is on 0.5 Volt/Div and X10 on probe. The same test with...
  5. B

Car SMPS Project

Here you go This pictures are from the side of primary that the mosfets connected to it gets really hot with high load : Without any load : With 37.5 Ohms load : The other side of primary that stays cool: Without load: With 37.5 Ohms load :
  6. B

Car SMPS Project

I test my inverter with my car battery and here's the result : Without load : 172V in output << 12.9V input 23W load : 152V in output << 12.9V input 65W load : 147V in output << 12.87V input 100W load : 145V in output << 12.75V input 230W load : 132V in output << 12.56V input 370W load : 118V...
  7. B

Car SMPS Project

Hey Guys I'm working on a 800W Smps to drive my Amps in my car but I'd like to test it out fully before I use it in my car So I'm looking for a power supply to simulate car voltage to test and use the audio system at home (13.5 to 14.7V @ about 80A) Which solution do you guys recommend: 1-...
  8. B

1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

My SMPS finally is finished :)
  9. B

Hello guys Is this ringing on my IGBTs? Transformer input:
  10. B

Hello dear Silvio I test my New 400W amp with this SMPS and in output I get a bit fuzzy signal But with old 50Hz transformer I get a completely clean output waves Is this normal??? If not, is there any way to fix this ????
  11. B

I use this one also taken out from a PC power supply ( I put it next to an IRFP460 for you to get it's size ) Start with 22 turns and yes, just connect it's wending to point 2 that goes to protection board
  12. B

Here's the winding order : 1/2 primary 1/2 secondary 1/2 secondary 1/2 primary You can wind it ether Clockwise or Counter Clockwise but you have to do all your winding with only one of them point 1 is a jumper that will pass through your Current core ( this is for Protection board and if...
  13. B

Thanks for your replies. I haven't share any picture yet because I'm still on prototype and as soon as I finish all my tests, I'm going to make my own PCB and will share it here Here is 2 pictures of my prototype SMPS & AMP *Don't let the pictures fool you because both of those are...
  14. B

I didn't have a 500w load exactly but I did 2 test for you: one with 370W : and another one with 640W : Volt division is on 1 and the probe attenuation is on 1x
  15. B

Hello guys Here's Schematic of ludo SMPS with all modifications I have a problem with protection board No matter what I set the value of trimmer on protection board I couldn't trigger the protection unit with connections of any load (Even 1500W) but at start up I can easily...
  16. B

Hi guys I connect the smps to a 200W amplifier (4 0hms) and I have some lousy noise on amplifier output without any input signal I even short cut the amplifier's input but the same noise with a little attenuation exist on the output with traditional power supply (50Hz transformer and 22000uf...
  17. B

Here's the measurement without 50X attenuation *** Chanel 2 *** *** 2V/div *** The ripple is actually less than 3V p-p in about 550W load
  18. B

with about 540W load: Secondary winding of transformer output diodes output DC ripple (50mv div) ** By the way the transformer that I used above is with 56-0-56V **
  19. B

Hi everyone I'm back with good news about the transformer I Change the Primary and secondary winding and now with 1250W power the transformer temperature without any cooling system is less than 80°c and with 1600W power and a pc fan the temperature won't go near 60°c It's the best result I could...