1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Silvio

I want to Fix pcb, there are some paths that do not fit, then I just give jumper with copper wire, and also I can not install protection card, it is not enough space between pwm card. Below new pdf pcb, please check again mr .silvio
View attachment 6721

As far as I can see all is ok I did not see the protect card yet but it must not be a complicated one. The traces to the gates seem a bit long though and might get disturbed on high power. You can use a twisted pair of wire from the pwm card to jump to the gates and that way they will be away from high current traces,

If you want good results you must put the driver in front of the mosfets and the paths to the gates must me short and thick as possible.

Take a look at the 3K pdf below see how short is the path to the mosfets, The heat sink can be else where if you want.

The input filter need to be a double one with 2 common mode chokes otherwise there will be a lot of EMI

View attachment 3k smps.pdf

Last edited:

Upik

Well mr.silvio ,, that means i have to change the layout again, i close the Driver to Mosfet and if far with transformer how, ?? i do not understand about the intent The input filter need to be a double one with 2 common mode chokes otherwise there will be a lot of EMI

Silvio

Hi Upik if you want to try the pcb as it is you can and see how it works. The other suggestion about the double input filter is for filtering EMI (Electro Magnetic interference) The larger the power supply the larger the emissions

Upik

Hi Upik if you want to try the pcb as it is you can and see how it works. The other suggestion about the double input filter is for filtering EMI (Electro Magnetic interference) The larger the power supply the larger the emissions

Please give me an overview or example mr.silvio

Silvio

I sent you again the 3k smps pdf in post #281. Look closely where the PWM board is and just in front of it there is the heatsink for the IGBTs. There is also a view of the input filter and other things that you can take an idea from.

Silvio

Upik

I sent you again the 3k smps pdf in post #281. Look closely where the PWM board is and just in front of it there is the heatsink for the IGBTs. There is also a view of the input filter and other things that you can take an idea from.

Silvio

I will post the pcb file that I have updated, what if I do not add input filter, and also emi .. will it still work with good mr.silvio ??

Silvio

I will post the pcb file that I have updated, what if I do not add input filter, and also emi .. will it still work with good mr.silvio ??

Yes it will work but EMI can affect your amplifier. You can make the input filter on a separate pcb if you want.

Silvio

I think it is not enough you need it with double coil like you see in pdf file is sent you

Upik

I do not really understand, because I can not see the schematic in it. Just can see the picture there are some blue capacitors there that might make me confused

Upik

How many watt resistor is 680k ?? Home electrical input without ground ,, does 222 / 1kv capacitor not need to change?

Silvio

How many watt resistor is 680k ?? Home electrical input without ground ,, does 222 / 1kv capacitor not need to change?

What do you mean you do not have a ground system? Does it mean that the electrical supply at home is 220vac and you do not have ground? That is very dangerous and it is against the law.

If the hot wire is to touch a steel frame or something else it means that the whole thing becomes live and as soon as you touch it you will be electrocuted. This is insane

The 680 ohm resistor wattage is only 0.25 watt will be enough. These resistors are is to discharge the capacitors in the filter after switch off otherwise as soon as you touch the plug it will shock you,

The 1 kv capacitors are there to filter also EMI and must be included in the filter.

Silvio

Oh that is different story but you need the ground line to ground the center ground on the output for safety