1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Silvio

For the trace gate driver I have updated, hopefully it is good ,, as in the following picture
View attachment 6733

View attachment 6734

It looks much better now as far as the gate drive traces are concerned. What kind of heatsink are you going to use on the switchers now? I believe you need some kind of angle aluminium and it better be a bit thick like 5mm or 6mm to get good dissipation and heat transfer

heatsink.JPG

Upik

My pwm card is not working well, please check where its wrong.smp always experience protek, do not want to start, but if protection card not in use, smp can work

Silvio

I have tried 15 turns, but it still does not work properly

Did you check the circuit of the protect card? if All is good then you can try to use 1.5 or 2 turns in the coupling loop of the current transformer. If it is doing it on start up then it could be very sensitive. Try change capacitor in diagram shown

protect .JPG

Last edited:

Upik

Yes after I replace the Capacitor as in the picture, smp I can already work with in pairs of protection Cards. You mean the primary rotation on the current transformer ??? I have 1 turn only on the primary,

Silvio

Yes after I replace the Capacitor as in the picture, smp I can already work with in pairs of protection Cards. You mean the primary rotation on the current transformer ??? I have 1 turn only on the primary,

What is really happening is that now you have 10000uF on the output. The extra capacitance is loading more the secondary on switch on, You can cure the problem by making the relay in the input delay a little longer. You can do this by changing the timing resistor on the NE555 to a higher value, or make a higher value capacitor to make the timing a little longer. (2 seconds instead of 1 second) This will help the secondary capacitors to charge more slowly on start up and not tripping the overload protection.

When you get the smps running then you should load gradually with heater and bulb loads until you reach the desired current, If you cannot reach it with the trimmer resistor set to maximum because the smps trips before, then you can make 2 turns on the primary of the current transformer. This will allow more current in the primary of the EE65 transformer before it reaches the threshold voltage. When max load is reached then you should adjust the trimmer resistor to trip at maximum load.

Regards Silvio

Silvio

Hi Upik. I seen the video you are still at 1200 watts and I see lot of voltage drop. Check your mains input voltage and see that it is not dropping too much. The maximum drop should not be more than the RMS value of the peak at full load. 180v X 0,707=127v

Silvio

at a load of 10 amps the ac input has decreased to 25vac, from 190vac to 165vac ... is that normal, ??

No it is not normal even at 190v it is already low it should be at least 220 volts AC. I do not know if you calculated for input of 190v or 230v for the transformer primary, that will be 40v less in the input. 25v is too much of a voltage drop at only 1kw of load.

It could be that the house wiring is not thick enough and it could be the reason for all this voltage drop. The nominal input voltage supply to the house should be 230v +/- 10% that is a minimum of 209v and a maximum of 253v You are already below limit and you should report to the electrical company that you have low voltage so they fix it.

If you had to load a 3Kw heater the voltage drop will be a lot more on the house wiring and you may experience a voltage drop of 50v or so and a lot of things will not work well like the fridge will not start, neon tube do not light etc.

good luck