1000w smps based on LUDO3232

Silvio

Can you show the feedback arrangement that you are using? IF you are using feedback for output voltage regulation than you must have an output inductor around 20uH otherwise it will not work. You must also have a minimum load attached at least 5 or 10w.

If you have a peak voltage of 80-0-80 then your regulated voltage must be around 60-0-60. You need headroom for the smps to compensate for the voltage drop during load.

Last edited:

mituadas

Thanks Silvio for your advise. It works for me. My Feedback connection was before the Inductor. I rectified it and now it is working.

rinchz

silvio sir,
i want to make your version of 1kw SMPS for my 2x b215 project and i want to ask if this 12v psu can be suitable as aux. on your design,
i planned to use AWG#30 for primary and AWG#28 for secondary, please see attached
thank youSMPS pre-amp type.jpg

Silvio

silvio sir,
i want to make your version of 1kw SMPS for my 2x b215 project and i want to ask if this 12v psu can be suitable as aux. on your design,
i planned to use AWG#30 for primary and AWG#28 for secondary, please see attached
thank youView attachment 7135

Hi I must tell you that I adopted a small smps as an auxiliary which was using the top221 chip. This psu was fed strait from the bus voltage (320v)so no input filter and rectification and smoothing was needed at the input. This small psu I found on an AC PCB.

However the schematic you showed could also work. and you have written down on the schematic how to calculate the output voltage. By that you can add a few turns to the secondary and get to the needed 15v. You can put a 7815 instead to regulate the output voltage for the auxiliary supply. You can make the pcb for it so that it fits on my smps.

As far as the wire gauge is concerned I think that AWG34 (0.16mm) will be more suitable for the primary winding of the auxiliary as the trafo EE16 is a small core and AWG30 may not fit in the bobbin. As far as the secondary winding well I guess that AWG26 (0.4mm) is more suitable. This all depend how it will fit in the bobbin of the EE16. You can always try with the gauges of wire you have available and see how things will fit for you.

Lastly the auxiliary psu must be capable of delivering at least 8watts. That is 15v @ 500mA more or less. You need a good drive current for the mosfets.

If you want to try another type of auxiliary smps I posted one here on this website. It has all the needed information in it.

Link https://www.diysmps.com/forums/show...er-supply-for-smps&highlight=auxiliary+supply.

This small aux will not fit on my 1000w smps version and alteration to the traces of the pcb has to be done to suit the new aux psu

Main PCB smps. This I built with what I had in hand and it could be that you may not find the parts exactly. However regarding the heatsink being from an old computer cpu makes it a very efficient one. This smps is intended for an audio amplifier and it is not regulated at the output. I even omitted the output inductors finally and got better performance. Please tell me what Peak output voltage you will be needing so that I can give you the winding data according to the transformer core used,

Regards, Silvio

rinchz

Silvio;[/QUOTE said:
hi sir thank you for the reply i did not noticed it immediately until i visited this site, coz it did not reflect to my email. my setting might be changed.
once again thank you for your reply on the aux supply, i will try both. i just did not had a work on my hobby due to some high intensity earthquake in my area and my kid was in a little trauma in which i worked out for 2weeks now but still aftershock will be felt any moment since that big one so my family first.
this project using irs20957 from B215D can be supplied safely 75vDC upto 90vDC for IRFB4227. i have ETD49 N97 at hand and F12c20 diodes from ATX.

regards
rinchz

Silvio

Hello rinchz, I am assuming you are using IRFP460 for switching the half bridge and the calculation is for 80-0-80 peak at 240v input.
With the mosfets mentioned you will get a peak power of 1200w. Do not force them more then this as they might blow. At this power they will be seeing around 12 or 13 amps of current.

The winding data is as follows

For primary you need 18 turns (9+9) for a switching frequency of 60 to 68Khz (leave 3 to 4mm margin at the bobbin cheeks)

copper wire 0.5mm. You need 2 bundle of 4 wires twisted together (8wires)

For secondary it is the same as the primary 9+9 turns and with 2 bundle of 4 wires twisted together (8 wires)make center tap at 9 turns.

Volts per turn = 155v / 18 = 8.6v. This will let you calculate for your auxiliary voltages.

Wind half primary of 9 turns then secondary 9+9 turns center tap then wind remaining half primary 9 turns.

Other auxiliary windings you can make last for fan and preamp.

You can take a look at the video link so that you learn some good practice how to wind transformers for smps

link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg
You can adjust the settings on youtube to make the subtitles in your language.

Regards,

Silvio

Last edited:

rinchz

Silvio[/QUOTE said:
Noted sir, you are right, for a kilowatt i will use 2xIRFP460, igbt's are twice the price however for bigger projects i will use those. i am waiting for some parts to arrive so i can start.
thank you, God Bless...

regardz
rinchz.

rinchz

i would like also to ask about the fix value of resistors instead of VR for frequency setting,
thank you...

Silvio

i would like also to ask about the fix value of resistors instead of VR for frequency setting,
thank you...

RT resistor for timing should be in the region between 8k and 12k However it also depend on the exact value of the timing capacitor. The frequency may vary a little. You can solder a variable resistor to set the timing then put a fixed resistor instead according to the value found.

imahmed67

Hi,

I want to make SMPS for my Arduino based voltmeter.
I have TNY267 and other components but I want to make SMPS Transformer and its winding.

Please let me know.

Marshall

Hello friends , can somebody tell me , is this wave form ok ? and if its not , what should i do ? f is 70Khz, wire of the transformer ETD49 N87smps1.jpgsmps.jpg is solid wire 2mm, i was unable to find thin wire to make strands , with no load everything is more or less cold, only for testing i'm using SPW20N60S fet's, and output diodes are BY229X, will be finished with FDH44N50 in primary and RURP3060 in output .

Silvio

@ Marshall. The wave forms look good I guess these are the low and high side being read together.

Marshall

Yes, low and high side at the same time, also I don’t know how to check for a dead time, i think this is all ok, output voltage +/-75V, exact voltage that i need , totally symmetrical on the both sides. On the beginning i had problem with protect, it triggered very quick at startup, but I followed and read all your advices , I change resistors on current sense stage with 33R and 22R, also i change 330p to 0.1uf on 393, also i add 10uf capacitor on soft start for little bit longer start, that is pretty much about it, anyway thanks for your positive advices and replies, I’m continuing to follow you Mr. Silvio ! :)

Silvio

To check the dead time you need to take out the cursors and put the waves on top of each other. You will notice that one wave has a shorter pulse width than the other. You need to measure that difference with your oscilloscope and you will find the dead time. Adjust dead time for around 1uS.

Regards Silvio

mituadas

I had made a SMPS 1000w which was already posted in this thread. Now i am facing a problem when connect to Audio Amplifier . Some Humming noise is coming. Same Amplifier i have tested with Transformer it is OK, But when connect to SMPS i am getting some noise. Please guide me what could be fault.

Thanks and Happy New Year

S Das

Silvio

I had made a SMPS 1000w which was already posted in this thread. Now i am facing a problem when connect to Audio Amplifier . Some Humming noise is coming. Same Amplifier i have tested with Transformer it is OK, But when connect to SMPS i am getting some noise. Please guide me what could be fault.

Thanks and Happy New Year

S Das

You may probably having a ground loop. Make a star ground on the amplifier chassis and ground all your ground points to it. That is the preamp the the power supply ground and the amplifier ground. These must be tied to this point. This should solve all your problems.

The ground I am mentioning is the centre ground.

Happy new year also to you and your family.

nikon

Hello. Dear Silvio, you can send me the original PCB file to my email address so that I can change it a little to meet my requirements. I will be very grateful for the service rendered. My email alikangelok@mail.ru with Respect to You and your creativity