1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

stewin

hi all i am making at least a supply to reach 2.5 kwt with o.c protection just about to finish . any ideas would be highly appreciated -) -)

Attachments

• smps half bridge irfp460 smps single sided board .pdf
    73.2 KB · Views: 803
  • smps half bridge irfp460 smps single sided schematic .pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 797

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stewin,

I am not sure if the IR2110 will be able to drive all those heavy Mosfets. Its possible to drive 4 IGBts with that chip.
I don't advice you to do that setup with Mosfets.

stewin

Hi Stewin,

I am not sure if the IR2110 will be able to drive all those heavy Mosfets. Its possible to drive 4 IGBts with that chip.
I don't advice you to do that setup with Mosfets.

thanks microsim what if the gate buffer i change to bd244 and bd243?

john carlo

sir help me for self oscillating ee19 widing there should be a gap or no gap? what direction and nuber of turns by detex audio.

robson132

Hi.
I was set too low dead time and shutter overlap, I now have about 2.5 uS.
source resistor 1R
rezystor.jpg
Dren/Source Q1, without snubbers
dren góra.jpg
gate Q1 Q2
bramki.jpg
Dren/Source 500W
500w.jpg

Last edited:

picgak

Hi,
I am new to the forum my congratulations for the nice work going on, especially to Microsim,Ludo,Luchini, khron,kaip,michelle,stewin and others. I have some doubts to clear in your smps project.
1. What will be the output voltage of the CT at which the tripping is set. if it is 2.5V or above LM393 can be replaced wit cheaper TL431.
2. The duty cycle of 3525 is reduced by the DT resistor 100R , can the DT be reduced so that feed back voltage control can be given.
3. Shutdown will be fast if applied to IR2110. also.
4. About the smps photo given at the front page of the site. Which smps project is that the lay out looks attractive.
regards ani

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I am new to the forum my congratulations for the nice work going on, especially to Microsim,Ludo,Luchini, khron,kaip,michelle,stewin and others. I have some doubts to clear in your smps project.
1. What will be the output voltage of the CT at which the tripping is set. if it is 2.5V or above LM393 can be replaced wit cheaper TL431.
2. The duty cycle of 3525 is reduced by the DT resistor 100R , can the DT be reduced so that feed back voltage control can be given.
3. Shutdown will be fast if applied to IR2110. also.
4. About the smps photo given at the front page of the site. Which smps project is that the lay out looks attractive.
regards ani

Ani,

Thanks.

I am sure that you are talking about the regulated SMPS, and this is not Regulated SMPS.

The SMPS at the front page is the OLD version of the commercial design I made long time ago...

And yes, the proper way is shut down IR2110 at the same time.

Marshall

HI FRIENDS ! AND REGARDS TO Mr. MicrosiM.. I'M NEW ON THIS FORUM AND I LIKE TO MAKE SMPS.. NO MATTER HOW MANY WATTS .. ONLY I WANT TO BE STABLE WITH PROTECTION..SO, I SO SOME FILES FROM LUDO WITH IR2153 AND I WANT TO ASK.. WHERE CAN I FIND PCB FOR PROTECTION CARD FOR THAT SMPS ?..AND ..CAN I USE ERL35-C INSTEAD ETD-59 ? MY Requirements..FOR SUPPLYING SOLID STATE MOSFET AMPLIFIER.. THANKS..

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
HI FRIENDS ! AND REGARDS TO Mr. MicrosiM.. I'M NEW ON THIS FORUM AND I LIKE TO MAKE SMPS.. NO MATTER HOW MANY WATTS .. ONLY I WANT TO BE STABLE WITH PROTECTION..SO, I SO SOME FILES FROM LUDO WITH IR2153 AND I WANT TO ASK.. WHERE CAN I FIND PCB FOR PROTECTION CARD FOR THAT SMPS ?..AND ..CAN I USE ERL35-C INSTEAD ETD-59 ? MY Requirements..FOR SUPPLYING SOLID STATE MOSFET AMPLIFIER.. THANKS..

I am sorry for the late replay, I really cant tell if there is a complete version of the protection card.

Are you building the same version here? or you are making a new layout?

Soon, I will release an official version of a new SMPS 1KW rated with full protections, and documents. however the PCBs will be manufactured.

please let me know if you need a new circuit for protection

Marshall

Well..i need full project for Smps with IR2153 and protection card..i want also to make this project..if some one can send me full schematics inbox will be good...so ..for your late replay:) i already made Smps from LUDO's project with SG3525 and IR2110 and works fine ..only i have one mistake.. wrong connection on primary wires from transformer and the bulb was always one ...only for information i dont have any precise equipment like scope or any other instruments .. only classic digital multimeter..these days i will send photos of my work ..Regards !