1kW smps project (based on MicrosiM design)

Marshall

Mhm .. Ok.. thanks..also i want to say that all project's from this site are only and strictly for my own personal satisfaction ..i will and i want to use this project's for supplying my DIY amplifiers..never for professional or commercial use..

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Mhm .. Ok.. thanks..also i want to say that all project's from this site are only and strictly for my own personal satisfaction ..i will and i want to use this project's for supplying my DIY amplifiers..never for professional or commercial use..

Even if you use it for commercial use, there is no problem when say it.

Let me know if you still need help.

picgak

Hi MicrosiM ,
Can you please tell me,
1. what is the time delay in seconds required for bypassing the inrush current limiting resistors in sg3525 circuit.
2. which output of the sg3525 gives the first ouput pulse
regards ani

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi MicrosiM ,
Can you please tell me,
1. what is the time delay in seconds required for bypassing the inrush current limiting resistors in sg3525 circuit.
regards ani

At least you need 3 seconds, then start SG3525

It should be output A

picgak

It should be output A

Hi MicrosiM ,
Thank you for the clarification.
In the 1Kw circuit if the output A of sg3525 is given to Low In of IR2110 , on the first pulse itself the bootstrap capacitor of IR2110 will get charged. so that there will be sufficient voltage accross the boot stap capacitor when the pulse at The Hin of IR2110 arrives.
regards ani

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi MicrosiM ,
Thank you for the clarification.
In the 1Kw circuit if the output A of sg3525 is given to Low In of IR2110 , on the first pulse itself the bootstrap capacitor of IR2110 will get charged. so that there will be sufficient voltage accross the boot stap capacitor when the pulse at The Hin of IR2110 arrives.
regards ani

What does that supposed to mean in reality?

picgak

Hi MicrosiM ,
I was comparing Ludos ver2 pcb and ver3 pcb, interchanging SG3525 output pin avoids 3 jumpers in ver2 pcb.
This can be done if you keep both the Ic as per ver2 layout and integrating it to ver3 pcb keeping Mosfets and Transformer as it is.
It makes a symmetrical nice layout
regards ani

Marshall

Hi.. I need help ! need regulated SMPS 24V 40A..with voltage and current regulation..for supplying HHO cell's..Please someone if would like to help me..

mikile

@ microsim
hi again, can this design with SG+IR be used for powering my servo driver for DIY CNC machine? I need something about 800-1000W for my servos, and I would really would like to throw out that bulky toroid?

stay well...

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
@ microsim
hi again, can this design with SG+IR be used for powering my servo driver for DIY CNC machine? I need something about 800-1000W for my servos, and I would really would like to throw out that bulky toroid?

stay well...

specs of your servo?

mikile

I made UHU servo driver, I have 4 off them (3 axes, 2 servos for larger Y axes), two off them are 10A/24V, one is 7A 45V, and one 3A/50V. I was thinking that I will need around 35V/30A SMPS for all off them, any idea?