20~500 Watt Mosfet

meanman64

Mosfet amp from 20 Watts to 500 Watts with powerrail from +/-20Volts to +/- 80Volts.
With DC protection onboard and switchable from Class AB to Class A.
Fully working amp.

Attachments

• Mosfet amp.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 769

meanman64

I'm planning to start a groupsbuy of this amp?If there are people wanting some let me know.If your trafo isn't giving enough voltage you can use a second power suply with higher voltage it's not needed to use higher VA rating cause the main purpose is to boost the voltage.Example you have a 2x35VAC/500VA trafo after rectify 2x 49VDC for the main power but you've an extra 2x15VAC/80VA after rectify 2x21VDC the amp is getting 2x70VDC

Last edited:

meanman64

I do have some kind of manuel but it need to be translated first.I will send you some more information about the amp later this week.

evette

Mr.Meanman, first Thank you for your warm feelings because I really need them. About 20 or 30 years ago I designed a circuit very very similar too this amp. And based it on a design by EB 100 watt mosfet amp. I ended up selling the design to a co. in japan but to the best of my knowledge it was never produced. So when I saw this thread it reminds me of what I did many years ago. Evette

meanman64

Joe,
It's realy a good amp for bass with a lot of strong punch, for some the hights are a bit muffled cause of the fets.Personaly I like it very much.The mids are OK too.I did hear it in real live and want to build it myself.Almost tought this amp was burried but look it's a life again thanks to you Joe.Give me time to check the layout again.In the past there were some mistakes regarding the relais connection but now they're fixed.Want to be 10% sure before release.

Last edited:

darezk804

Hello, if would be a chance to release the files to make PCBs yourself? for example, in pdf format?
Sorry for my englisch, i was used translator.
Regards

meanman64

I don't release a pdf file of this amp cause I've my reasons for that.You can purchase boards at the groupsbuy and the price would be more then reasonable for a 105µM copper board.All depends on how many boards.