400w DARLİNGTON AMPLİFİCATOR 2 ohm STABLE

erhan739

Hİ there, i'm posting a darlington amp for al diyers. all files attached. enjoy!
give 2x50v take 400w give'n take simply.

Attachments

• darlington[1].jpg
    darlington[1].jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 698
  • darlington 3-D.jpg
    darlington 3-D.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 599
  • darlington amp.jpg
    darlington amp.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 864
  • darlington.PDF
    581.5 KB · Views: 1,641
  • darlington.rar
    12.7 KB · Views: 671

Lira

Hi, i have one doubt of this amplifier; a 380VA toroid transformer (37V 0 37V 10A) is suficient for two channels?

Thanks in advance

Lira

Last edited:

Lira

Thanks for your quick reply,

I build one for 2 channels driving 4ohms speaker each, the sound is very good but there is a hiss noise that i´m not identifing where it came from, do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

erhan739

LIRA, ı must know where do you using this... in a car or home or etc... and how to driving sound... by a preamplifier or directly.... becaue this circuit tried on my location diffrent builders they haven't any problem but ı'll care of this case.

Lira

I'm using this pré amplifier http://construyasuvideorockola.com/d_premic.php with a little modification, i just ommited the mic input on the circuit, I tried using TL072 and NE5532, its connected to my computer via Maudio Delta, the PSU for the preamplifier is separeted, +15 0 -15 regulated with LM7815 and LM7915. The main power supply is that toroid transformer from the last post with 20000uf per rail, and rectified with MUR860 diodes. I have checked the cables and all the connections and i don´t know why i still have that noise. I´m considering changing the TIPS. The use for this is 2 PA Boxes with each one with 1 15'Woofer, 100w driver and 50w tweeter (all from Selenium).

Thanks for your attention

Sierra

Valve Lover!
I'm using this pré amplifier http://construyasuvideorockola.com/d_premic.php with a little modification, i just ommited the mic input on the circuit, I tried using TL072 and NE5532, its connected to my computer via Maudio Delta, the PSU for the preamplifier is separeted, +15 0 -15 regulated with LM7815 and LM7915. The main power supply is that toroid transformer from the last post with 20000uf per rail, and rectified with MUR860 diodes. I have checked the cables and all the connections and i don´t know why i still have that noise. I´m considering changing the TIPS. The use for this is 2 PA Boxes with each one with 1 15'Woofer, 100w driver and 50w tweeter (all from Selenium).

Thanks for your attention

Very nice

Can you post some pictures?

erhan739

oh man, you're on the our job! i like your working style and i must see your pictures because ı'm interesting beyma like you ;)

Lira

Ok, i think i cam post some pictures on the weekend, I'm bulding another pre amp, using a pcb that was built by a friend, and I have ordered some new tips 142 and 147, hope it will come by wednesday, hope it will fix the hiss, I,ll post the results. I just changed to amplifiers 2 years ago, and i'm facing a lot of throuble because of lack of experience, but i like it very much. I used to build my own speakers.

Thanks

erhan739

Okay on you, also you shuld check BD 900 series because too many here 2nd quality on my location.. or any drive transistors but if you have a scope, you can give constant signal and you can catch issued section.

Lira

Hi, I´m not sure what i did but i burned 2 pairs of the output transistors and also messed up my board... I have to etch a new one...

Lira

It's a bit wierd but i found the problem, the BC556 near the resistor 3.3k was creating that hiss, now the sound is clear and perfect! (At least of one channel that survived). I have to buy a new osciloscope, mine is just working one channel, i´ll clean all that mess and post some pictures on the weekend. Thanks for all your help!

By the way, your amplifier is the best amplifier based on tip142 and tip147, i have built several others but none of them worked well, yours is very simple and stable, most of amplifiers based on Darlingtons are unstable.

Thanks!

erhan739

ı'm glad to choose my projects.. and ı'm glad to satisfacted from them thanks for choice and lastly, We find a lot of darlington output stages but most of aren't working stable(except that ) and my friends re-drawed for diyers . And if you want protection circuits ı'll help you...

Lira

Sorry for not posting any pics, it's because the tips(142 and 147) didn´t arrived yet, so its not completely finished. By the time i finish I'll post some pics.
Thanks

Lira

I just notice one thing, it's umbelievable how the uFe varies on the bc556, and some cause that hiss noise...

about the fan circuit, SURE :) i really need it, I almost finishing this amp! Thanks!

erhan739

Anddd if you can make this circuit, you will fully finish your project... HERE:

Attachments

• protect.rar
    121.3 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC02300.jpg
    DSC02300.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 180