Audio smps 700w (IR2153)

Just to let you understand more the schematic. Pin 6 is VS, that is the centre between the 2 mosfets. Here the direction of current flow changes polarity every half cycle.
As more current is drawn by the mosfets a ripple is generated the more current the larger the amplitude of the ripple. We are now sensing this AC ripple but blocking any DC path with the small capacitor.
Now this ripple is rectified and sampled so that when a certain voltage is reached it will trigger the protection. In the V2 an SCR. this scr will pull the supply pin to ground hence switching off the smps.

It is now important to add again the 200R resistor and remove the diode at the start up section. The scr when trggers stays on until the smps is disconnected. If left on without this resistor it will eventually burn the transistors in the startup circuit due to excessive curent.
What I am saying is that between schematic and pcb (V2) there are inconsistencies.
20210529_193505.jpg20210529_193403.jpg
RC 330K ----->PIN#6 (IR2153) in board. No schematic.

Silvio

Please note that you marked the IC pins wrong. Pin 1 starts at the dot on the IC. ( EX what you marked pin3 is pin6)
On the schematic there is a small mistake but it is still tied to the center of the HB. If its before or after the primary does not make a difference.

Last edited:
Please note that you marked the IC pins wrong. Pin 1 starts at the dot on the IC. ( EX what you marked pin3 is pin6)
On the schematic there is a small mistake but it is still tied to the center of the HB. If its before or after the primary does not make a difference.
The numbers that I marked from 1 to 6, are not corresponding to the IC, but they would be the connection pins of the mini pcb to my main pcb (power)

Silvio

rev 2 de silvio very coll.....
1) I cannot see the soft start resistor. The triac mt1 and mt2 terminals should be across it.
2) you only need 1 bridge rectifier at this power, no need for 2.
3) the 15v regulators need heatsink and also the triac at the input.
If this is the revision 2 version i see you built the one with high frequecy soft start and short circuit protection. Is that correct?