Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

tom42107

I've almost got this amp built but have a question. What would happen if I replaced the 470nF cap at pin 12 of the TL074 with a 330nF cap? I just don't have a 470nF in my parts bin anywhere. Just wondering. Thanks.

Tom

tom42107

Well, never mind. I did find a 470nF film cap in my bins. But, how would this cap value affect the circuit? Thanks.

P.S I'll post some pics as soon as I've got it up and running.

Tom

johndaf

Hi guys !!!
This is my first post to the forum and i have a question.
I am trying to print the pcb bord that Norazmi post for this amp,what are the dimensions of one pcb?

003.jpg

Thanks!!!

maysam.azizi

Hi
I have made this amp

Output mosfets : IRF9240 and IRF240
+-48v supply
I have problem with no load temp
power dissipation in inductor = 5W and very hot
and power dissipation in all of ohter part=4W
i use 40uh Thyroid inductor
is it normal?

thanks

Dzony988

Hi to all..

Can this amp with original parts and IRF9540/540 on +-45V run with 2ohms load and which output filter I need for that power and load?

tnx

johndaf

Hi can i make a silly question ? the voltage across 12v zener diodes should be around 12v because I think my supplier gave me wrong zeners.I have about 5v.

jayadev

Hello Norazmi,

I like to built this 200 watts amp.my first clas D. You have suggested Red T106-2 core for the output. which is not available in my country.

Can I use Yellow core ,if so what changes I will have to make ?

Regards.

Imhdin SF

Hello Norazmi,

I like to built this 200 watts amp.my first clas D. You have suggested Red T106-2 core for the output. which is not available in my country.

Can I use Yellow core ,if so what changes I will have to make ?

Regards.

Do not use yellow core because it will be hot. you can use the EE25 from former psu DVD and add 3mm gap
sorry my bad English.

Grom1

Hi guys!
I have a power supply of +/-40V and MOSFET transistor pair irfp240/irfp9240,
what do I need to change the schematic?
If the schema can be a little bigger? (see#1)!!:eek:
thank you!

Attachments

• Amplificador_de_audio.jpg
    Amplificador_de_audio.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

stewin

the project

Attachments

• Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet single sided ucd style components full.pdf
    27.5 KB · Views: 492
  • Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet single sided ucd style pcb bottom.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 353
  • Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet single sided ucd style schematic.pdf
    23.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet single sided ucd style components .pdf
    25.7 KB · Views: 296

jayadev

Thanks to Norazmi.

So I finally built this simple Class D amp,my first.

It had a moderate sized heat sink which got mild warm after an hour of working.

It worked fine with 8ohm loudspeaker .but when driven to a 4 ohm woofer,IRF9640 failed within seconds.

What could be the reasons?

Attachments

• 20140604_164428.jpg
    20140604_164428.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 289

stewin

i had the same problem and i was very confused because my earlier versions of this amp worked perfectly . but when i used irf 9640 it failed even three hours after working properly. when i changed to irf540n and irf9540n everything is o.k up to now even when using 4ohms at +/-50vlts

stewin

this circuit is one of the few reliable circuits i know of pls try harder and i am working on the o.c protection part and also a way of making this amp use hi power like fredos version which uses +/-90vlts and supports 2 ohms . and outputs are only irfp240 and irfp9240 . also is discreet like this amp meaning it does not use ir2xxx driver ic.

kinter

hi to all, i made a new pcb board for stereo amplifier.
the pcb is similar to the first tipe posted by norazmi, but i have changed some little things for a better diy realization:
pad is larger and 2k2 resistor is in the original size, heatsink is more simple to assemble, then i have added the inductor on pcb reduced the jumper under the board.
it's only 10x11 cm

View attachment top+bot.pdf View attachment bottom.pdf

good job!

Last edited:

rgbaudio

ola galera montei esse amplificador mais quando eu ligo ele fica dando dc na saída já montei tries placa nenhuma fusiono vc sabe onde eu poço ta errando obrigador