Class D 200 Wrms with 2 mosfet cheap

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
no problem zeus, time is important and why rush? rushing will do many mistake only, while slow with care will do the best :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
your welcome, soon i`ll start new thread with ir2110 + tl074 its not UCD like lm311 + ir2110 but with same engineer is ejtagle. have little different with both scheme but have nice performance both have equal advantage and disadvantage. but i like ir2110 and tl074 more :D hehehehe . btw for cheap lc filter u can make it from ferrite toroid core with 1-2 mm air gaps this is because to prevent over heating for coil and core but working good so far. today i receive my inductor meter and 100 pcs irfp460 and i`m happy with it. most component were receive just few still waiting from ebay seller ouchhhh, but i`m always patient lol cheap of course long waiting :p . irfp460, inductance meter and few other component fast delivery from digikey and avnet express, sometimes im order it from mouser and future electronic, at least im using ems so no need to wait tooo long. i just order small components like resistor and some ultrafast diode uf4004 and uf4007 etc from ebay seller they doing good also just long waiting and need patient :p.

cores and high voltage caps easy can get from faulty PSUS here, since im working as computer technician here so i got almost 50-60 pcs fault psus. got many component inside is usable but sometimes i`m lazy to take all parts out from it ahhh will do when i`m free lol :D . i take etd and ee cores from psu supply and fault tv. my friend here whos working as tv technician here always give me tvs board with all component on it, easy parts lol hehehe :D . got few linear transformer from fault power amp small and big, most bigger one i have is 2KVA trafo its torodial linear trafo currently use it for home inverter when blackout happens .

ahhh, too much talk here, i`m happy to share with u all guys, anything there is no secrect for me, i`m not doing it for business, just for DIY and hobby. :D

regards,
Azmi.

stewin

hi even myself i use a lot of recycled stuff e.g etd cores and mur1560 and t 106-26 . which link in ebay did you buy irfp460 and how much for the 100pcs ? do they sell smd resistors and caps as well ? pls post your schema for ir2110 and tl072 i hope it is clear in the mids and highs like 0.001% distortion :) :) :) steve

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
good :D . nice recycle parts lol. nah for the irfp 460 im order it from avnet express and i have FDA24N40F-ND 400v 23-AMP from digikey. I`ve forgot the price ill check it. well you know china market they sell almost everything lol hahahaha :D . just make sure before buy see their feedback given by users and comment, but it will take long time to arrive almost 2-3 weeks. If you can be patient so its ok for the delivery time.

and for the ir2110 and tl074 not tl072 , i`ll start new thread for this section, schematic will be pdf also pcb board so im sure it will be clear enough.

regards
Azmi

michelle

200 watt class d

Hi Norazmi
greetings decided to make your amp pcb is complete only cant understand value of
component above 820 pf its marked as 101VI CAN YOU PLEASE TELL value of component so i can finish
amp its first d class amp i am making so i am going slow
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
which pcb version u refer to? i`ll check it for you, no worry :D dont confuse ok, i`ve made 4-5 pcs of this amp :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Oooo, its not 101VI, watch carefully, zoom at 200-300% then you will see it :D.

its resistor my friend 10M ohm :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
before this i dont have resistor 10M ohm so i do connect to multiple resistor , i do 2.7M + 2.7M + 2.7M, works ok too :p, but now i do have it, so nothing much different for the sound.

one more thing michelle, before you go to power up this baby, i wanna see how u make output inductor, show it to me lol, i dont want u make mistake its really important regarding output inductor in class D. before everything power up, so pleaseeee show it to me first ok, i want make sure of your first try will be success. also tell me which pcb version did u make because some of pcb i posted here dont have mark with output inductor, and DONT connect to speaker without output inductor, your speaker will be BURN.

Last edited:

michelle

200 watt class d

Hi Norazmi
greetings thanks for replying and being so helpful ferrite core i have have these dimensions
1 OUTER DIAMETER 38 mm
2 INNER DIAMETER 21 mm
3 HEIGHT 14 MM
is it ok the core i will post pictures of pcb today since i cant get 10 Mresistor i use 2 4.7 m in series
BEFORE i power amp i show u pcb and components on pcb for you to check
warm regards
michelle

michelle

200 watt class d

Hi Norazmi
greetings finally managed to get correct t 106- 2 core only 2 components left please can you show how to connect inductor if you find anything wrong on pcb please let me know
warm regards
michelle

Attachments

• P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 667

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
ok let me check, dont power it on yet, Michelle the core is not T106-2, its T106-26 which will be hot enough when filter class D frequency, the T106-2 will be half red half brown. If u dont have it, better use ferrite toroid core or any small EE or EI ferrite core, i`ll post some ferite picture tonight. when u have ferrite core u need to tell me the dimension, so i can suggest for the winding how many turn its need, i`ll take little time to check yor pcb and will make it short check.

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
ok here, i check everything looks ok to me, you should use lamp bulb arround 40-60w and fuse for each rails to power up this amp, here i post edit photo for output inductor and filter cap. Ferrite toroid or Ferrite small EE @ EI core should have airgap, let me take some photo for ya, for ferrite toroid u can cut it about 1-2mm air gaps, i`ll show some example picture here.

dont connect to any speaker when u power on this amp, i want u measure with multimeter output with GND should have few mv of dc out.

Attachments

• michelle edit.jpg
    michelle edit.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 541

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
this is sample of ferrite toroid core and other ferrite core with gap. you can wound about 14-18 laps of the core with 17-18 awg coil.

Attachments

• ferrite gap.jpg
    ferrite gap.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 494

michelle

Thank you

Hi Norazmi
greetings thanks for your help amp came on first time clear and powerful
sound i will post clear pictures for forum now only looking for actual core really thankful
and grateful for your guidance wish there were more guys like you around to share
their expertise my transformer is 22 o 22 ac secondary is it ok there is no heating of
mosfets only output coil heating little gap is 3mmis it ok but i am happy with sound quality and power its my first d class amp and i hope to make many more
warm regards
michelle

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
nice to hear that michelle :D :D . yep its normal ferrite core hot a little, because its filter high freq through it. This amp can produce massive bass :D :D .

my tested passed transformer:

18 0 18 vac
24 0 24 vac
28 0 28 vac
32 0 32 vac

final output mosfet is
irf540N
irf9450N

Enjoy.

michelle

Thank you

THANK YOU once again any more schematics to build more powerful ones