Coil Winder Project

Sandy

Just finishing up a simple coil winder I'm working on so I can wind up some ETD-29 and ETD-39 cores. I had a bunch of metal left over from yet another project and got to it.

I used a Hurst synchronous 30 rpm gear motor I had for yet another project.

Added a few parts from a robotics supply and here it is...

Many questions coming since I'm pretty new at all this.

Sandy

Attachments

• IMAG1858.jpg
    IMAG1858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMAG1853.jpg
    IMAG1853.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG1849.jpg
    IMAG1849.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG1856.jpg
    IMAG1856.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG1855.jpg
    IMAG1855.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 49

Sandy

Thanks, I have a lot of pics, will add it to my website and post a link if I ever can get to it. Going to be working on a power supply for an electronic ignition that I found a schematic a while back. See how far I get ;)

Thanks again!

Sandy

Silvio

Hi nice work you done A there on the windier, Do you have variable speed on the foot pedal? At times it gets a little bit awkward and very slow speed will be necessary especially when handling multiple wires. You also be needing somewhere to tie the wire during winding until you get some tape to cover layers for example. A protruding arm or rod running parallel with the rotor shaft and tied to the end bracket will do the job. It will be just there to kink the wire against it for a while not to let it get untied again.

Keep up the good work and keep your posts coming

Regards Silvio

Sandy

Silvio

It's not variable speed, but it's really slow, the motor is a Synchronous gear motor at 30 RPM and seems to be just fast enough to be useful. It does have plenty of torque to pull tight. I did a test with 18 gauge wire on the small ETD29 core and it had no issues with a tight pull as it wound it up. The foot pedal is really nice, leaves both hands free for winding. A variable one would be better, but would have to use a different style motor as the synchronous motors can't easily be run at a different speed. I think the good part is that its so geared down that it has really good torque and doesn't slow down at all.

Will be slow on a large turn count coil but the other option is to wind by hand ;)

Sandy

Silvio

Well the idea I gave you would only be adaptable when things are possible. At 30 RPM is rather good for HF transformers as the turn count is small.

Happy winding ((@

Regards Silvio