diysmps Project 1

Malmir

One thing though. I have NEVER seen this with 4 numbers only 3. eg 47k = 473

And according to knowledge have done standard amps and power supplies for almost 25 years and power supplies for satellites for 5 years. So i do belive i have seen a lot and have some knowledge :).

fabiodord

Hi guys,

I'd like to try this smps for my class D power amp, just some questions about the transformer....
Microsim wrote :

TRANSFORMER ETD49 UNGAP
N87
Npri=16x2 turn 0.4x5wire
Nmain sec =11turn X 4 0.4X6wire

Winding Order.

(1/2 Primary) 16 Turns * ALL SECONDARY * 16 Turns (1/2 Primary)

Isolation:

2 layers at least mylar tape between PRIMARY AND SECONDARY.

I'm not sure if I understand right the connections... I mean, primary 16 windings before the secondary and other 16 after the secondary, these windings are made with 5 litz wire but the 0.4 is the diameter or the square section?

Another question about the secondary, I see 11 turn x 4 ,these 4 windings how are connected? 11 with other 11 in parallel each rail or 11 + 11 in series each rail?

In attachment I show you the preview of my almost ready class D power amp.

Thanks in advance for replayView attachment 356

class D.jpg

fabiodord

Hi Michelle,

with +/- 75Vdc on 4 ohm load about 700W RMS but my idea is reach +/- 100Vdc for 1200W RMS on 4 ohm load.

This is the target, but I want to keep low distorsion and I need to test everything before say " it works "

Anyway, I hope to share soon my results...

As you can understand now I'd like to find a good smps for supply, light and compact....

Bye

ravs

hi fabiodord,

first you wind 16 turns of primary on the bobbin (that is 0.4mm diameter of wire consist of 4 strandsof that wire top on that 4 layers of 11 turns each secondary since this is center tapped split the winding in half
22+22 turns.these are in series (voltage ground voltage).you can wind them in parallel too just split the ends
on top of all that the remaining 16 turns of primary correct me if iam wrong ..

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian......

fabiodord

Hi stewin,

I'd like to share the schematic just when it will be ready to use, I hope you can understand.

I'd like to share something good and not something just for share.....
Anyway my schematic is basically not far from the IRS2092 application notes.

I hope to share it soon

Regards Fabio

michelle

hi ravs
greetings do you get ETD 49 core in delhi how do you get your litz wire want to make this smps supply
thanking you
michelle

ravs

hi ravs
greetings do you get ETD 49 core in delhi how do you get your litz wire want to make this smps supply
thanking you
michelle

hi andrewlebon,

yes i found it in delhi in lr market cores made by cosmo ferrites if you want it ill tell you shop no.
ill be using standed wire gauge of multiple strands.they charged me 140 rs for the core.i asked them
for etd 59 but they were asking for the quantity atleast 10 pair.

best regards

ravs

be a vegeterian....

michelle

hi ravs
greetings thank you for replying which part of delhi are you staying i should be comming to delhi to buy components are you making this smps
will need your help so it woul be nice if we could meet to share some ideas as i am not so familiar with the transformer part bye
thanking you
michelle

ravs

hi ravs
greetings thank you for replying which part of delhi are you staying i should be comming to delhi to buy components are you making this smps
will need your help so it woul be nice if we could meet to share some ideas as i am not so familiar with the transformer part bye
thanking you
michelle

hi michelle,

iam residing in east delhi mayur vihar.iam also new to this smps stuff but gone through several books
iam building another smps after that i will build this one.i preffered this one but the progress is very slow.
when you plan to buy components please let me know.ill be there with you.

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian.....

stewin

Hi stewin,

I'd like to share the schematic just when it will be ready to use, I hope you can understand.

I'd like to share something good and not something just for share.....
Anyway my schematic is basically not far from the IRS2092 application notes.

I hope to share it soon

Regards Fabio

have you managed to complete the amp? . pls can you share the scheme on how you are driving the multiple irfp240's with the bjt transistors?
steve

gamtosvaikis

MicrosiM, could you attach components placement of this SMPS project? In that PDF, I can hardly see placement of components.

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Ir2153d smps

MicrosiM, could you attach components placement of this SMPS project? In that PDF, I can hardly see placement of components.

OK

You should know that LUDO made a modified version of this SMPS here:-
http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showt...ect-(based-on-MicrosiM-design)#post1304376715

And he faced Problems with current protection into the IR2153D, that is a Known issue into that CHIP.

But, Manufacturers like YAMAHA using same circuit.

I will send you ORIGINAL PCB files, Components Placement for the one I made.

And you decide if you want to make it or not.

That SMPS is WORKING, and Its Simple and Robust. in case it faces a short circuit at output, its over

Again, LUDO made a protection circuit for that IR2153D SMPS. check and read please

Thanks

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Ir2153d smps

Here are ALL original design files

Schematic was drawn long time, and it looks not organized.

PCB is well designed.

You can make same one or Make your own.

That PCB uses ER93 Transformer, NOT ETD49

If you need ETD49, you have to modify the PCB, or copy that Layout, 1 day Job!

If you still have questions, please let me know

Let us see the results!

Good Luck

Will send you one more file

Attachments

• 2kw_smps_ir2153.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,742
  • 2kw_smps_ir2153_PCB.pdf
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,603
  • 2kw_smps_ir2153_topSilk.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,348