diysmps Project 1

Corvett

Hi guys,

I'd like to try this smps for my class D power amp, just some questions about the transformer....
Microsim wrote :

TRANSFORMER ETD49 UNGAP
N87
Npri=16x2 turn 0.4x5wire
Nmain sec =11turn X 4 0.4X6wire

Winding Order.

(1/2 Primary) 16 Turns * ALL SECONDARY * 16 Turns (1/2 Primary)

Isolation:

2 layers at least mylar tape between PRIMARY AND SECONDARY.

I'm not sure if I understand right the connections... I mean, primary 16 windings before the secondary and other 16 after the secondary, these windings are made with 5 litz wire but the 0.4 is the diameter or the square section?

Another question about the secondary, I see 11 turn x 4 ,these 4 windings how are connected? 11 with other 11 in parallel each rail or 11 + 11 in series each rail?

In attachment I show you the preview of my almost ready class D power amp.

Thanks in advance for replayView attachment 356

View attachment 357

FABIO

what about showing the schematic of that nice lOOKING CLASS-D AMPLIFIER!!!!!!!!

I WANT IT PLEASE !!!:

radio

Hi Mr. MicrosiM!
Very interesting topic!;)
I want to follow up Mr dineshkom and I want to create an SMPS for a stereo amplifier with TDA7294? So please do help to solve the problem. Believe this question troubling many members of the forum?
I travfo ferrite as in the pictures. Rectangular cross-section of the cores and is about 15x13,2 ​​= 198mm2.
Please tell the schematic (the schematic and the PCB) so I create this SMPS. If you are able to provide for this ferrite transformer, primary winding wire with how that section should have? as the secondary output to get around 2x35V/2x5A?
Believe me, this topic will be very interesting for many!?
thanks and cheers!

Is it for this SMPS to open a new topic?

Attachments

• Trafo 1.jpg
    Trafo 1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Trafo 2.jpg
    Trafo 2.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

stewin

hi microsim and all can these transistors be used in your 2kwts smps(irfpc50 or irg4pc50u ) and what is the switching freq of the 2kw smps?

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
hi microsim and all can these transistors be used in your 2kwts smps(irfpc50 or irg4pc50u ) and what is the switching freq of the 2kw smps?

You best use

30N60A4D

G4P50W

You can get 2KW easily at 70Khz from ETD59

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
irfp460 will do, with ETD44 u can get 1.6kw run freq at 100Khz, ETD49 u can get 2.4kw at 100 Khz.

vorezky04

dear microsim. i want ask, where the conection coil of relay and where softstart use ic 555 in this page?
www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?79-1kW-smps-project-(based-on-MicrosiM-design)

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
microsim im in, i have all the parts, . i can build this smps for diysmps users sharing ideas, i only have one problem which my pcb design is not perfect :D, but im willing to offer myself to build this one. and i`ll follow this thread

Corvett

microsim im in, i have all the parts, . i can build this smps for diysmps users sharing ideas, i only have one problem which my pcb design is not perfect :D, but im willing to offer myself to build this one. and i`ll follow this thread

Now this looks really nice idea, i said eariler in other thread about 1 good working design of smps for us DIY

i can support if needed, I am IN :D

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
Now this looks really nice idea, i said eariler in other thread about 1 good working design of smps for us DIY

i can support if needed, I am IN :D

Thanks my friend for your support, now this thing become more future. im waiting for microsim to send me some file then i can start build this thing up, since i have free time now :D .

CobraNet

Thanks my friend for your support, now this thing become more future. im waiting for microsim to send me some file then i can start build this thing up, since i have free time now :D .

Did you get any updates about this? are there any news?

stewin

hi all i have managed to get my hands on a few old used ups . they had the below igbts . can any of them be useful with ee55 to give 3.5kwt ?

IRGP30B120KD-E , IRG4PH40UD2 , K30N60 , IRG4PF50WD , k40T120 , IRG4PC50U , IRG4PC40U ,

thanking you in advance

kadirkirci

I need to project files..

Here are ALL original design files

Schematic was drawn long time, and it looks not organized.

PCB is well designed.

You can make same one or Make your own.

That PCB uses ER93 Transformer, NOT ETD49

If you need ETD49, you have to modify the PCB, or copy that Layout, 1 day Job!

If you still have questions, please let me know

Let us see the results!

Good Luck

Will send you one more file

Hello Microsim. Can you upload the project files ? I really need that. Thank you..