DX Blame ST-DIY Build

codex653

Hey all! Just got a TON of parts recently for a bunch of projects (try 5lbs of components :eek: ), and one of them is the Dx Blame St!

Anyways, since this is the first post, I'll give you all my goals.

1. Build a three channel sound system: L, R, and SubWoofer (its for my college dorm)
2. Power it with the switching supply that I'm building (http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?269-12v-250w-Car-SMPS-based-off-SG3525) it will be modified for mains operation
3. Enjoy (hopefully) amazing music!!

I've noticed in the comments of other threads that people constantly ask if these "DX" amps work or not, so I figured ehhh..why not chronicle my own journey with building one! ((@ It's fun ha

More will come tomorrow as I gotta get to bed. Work starts early tomorrow morning!::SD

meanman64

They certainly work,my Blame ST is one of my favorites like the sound very much.Which amp are you planning to use for the sub?

codex653

They certainly work,my Blame ST is one of my favorites like the sound very much.Which amp are you planning to use for the sub?

Oh yeah I figured they all work. It would be pretty bold of destroyer x to make those claims and then have them not work. I'm still gonna use the ST as the sub amp...double up the output transistors though. I really don't want anything ridiculously powerful. It's going into a college dorm room so too powerful = not good :)

class H 2kwrms will drive you sub easily :D .

hahaha YES that sure would! :D I don't need quite that much power however :)

codex653

Alright so here's my board I designed for the L and R channels. It digresses a little from the original board, but I wanted to change a few things up to suit my needs. Gonna have to do something slightly different for the subwoofer cause of the extra output transistors.

Also just for perks I've included the files I used to help design this thing. They are listed on Destroyer X's website for his amps as well.

Attachments

• DX Blame ST Layout.pdf
    92.3 KB · Views: 265
  • DX Blame ST BoM.pdf
    79.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Final Board Rev 3.JPG
    Final Board Rev 3.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DX Blame ST Schematic.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 265

codex653

JUST finished the prototype build of the amp today and it works (no surprise)! So it's safe to say people can use my pcb design if they feel like it now that its been tested :)

As for sound quality, I can hear things in the music that I never heard before and it is very well balanced tonally! I haven't done an extended run of this amp yet, but I have been very impressed with what I've heard and tested so far! This is a VERY good amp!