Dx Mako - The power machine

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I have something to explain about MAKO and i am asking your attention folks

Maybe will be this way my friend...this will not depend on me ... well, forum owner will decide, as he may be the amplifier owner .... my idea is not to provide schematic or it will be copied by Chinese (some Chinese pirates, not all China is pirate).... in my mind the best idea is to provide boards, or kits and values of components may come printed into the silk screen together part numbers R1-100 ..... Q1-2N5400 ... C4-47u/100V.... this way, anyone that has the board will be able to assemble, even not having schematic... but also schematic can be provide too, this depends schematic owner decisions... our people can also protect schematic respecting a gentleman's agreement about not to copy, not to show, not to let people make reverse engineering (watching board copper traces to copy schematic), not to let produce close up high resolution pictures, not to borrow, or rent, or let people make close inspections... well... these things gentlemen can do as they are doing this way about AKSA amplifiers (Aspen amplifiers, by Hugh Dean - Australia 2001 copyright).

Reason why to use 5 pairs is only for testing purposes...in the reality the amplifier will have 12 (TWELVE) pairs, or 24 output power transistors and many others working as power CCS (constant current sources)... the amplifier is not common, not generic, not cheap and not simple... it will be cheap compared to 10 to 20 thousand dollares units that will perform the same.... some high end professional units...but not a really cheap amplifier... there's not good and cheap things in this world... cheap is usually bad and normally produces low power and not a good performance...if we want power.... then we have to spent money in parts... huge heatsinks, enormous transformers and very expensive and very big electrolitic condenser bank in order to provide a clean power, free from mains noise, to the amplifier to transfer all that power to the speaker.

Why to use 12 pairs?

Because people can really push the amplifier ABOVE the limits...and people use to do that when they are producing parties, installing sound in clubs, stadiums, meetings, political meetings, public adressing and emergency communications that may reach kilometers distance.... people use to connect a lot of speakers in series and parallel in order to have more audio pressure (more sound) having a lot of speaker diafragm moving at same time pumping air (sound is air pressure that reaches your eardrum...so...more area of diafragm moving, more speakers moving, result in more air pressure)..... BECAUSE of that need to have many speakers connected in series and parallel arrangements, you need a lot of current, a lot of audio volts, and this is a lot of audio power...and the amplifier may face very low impedances (result of speaker association in series and parallel).... impedance that may fell dowN to around 1 ohm in the worst case scenario.

When you install your power amplifier this way, output may manage 20 to 40 amperes of current... and this is something power transistors cannot face when working at 75 volts or more.... at 75 volts the best transistors can conduct one ampere, so, to send 10 amperes to the load you need 10 transistors... to send 20 amperes to the load you need 20 transistors...to send 40 amperes to the load you need 40 transistors.... these power transistors can work with 15 amperes continuously..... 15 times more than i am saying...because they can do that with 5 volts from colector to emitter...but having 75 volts from colector to emitter they can face 1 to 1.8A.

This amplifier will be rated, offered, advertised, informed, as a 500 watts amplifier...in the reality it is not a 500 watts RMS at 4 ohms amplifier..it is 500 watts RMS at 4 ohms WHEN DISTORTION IS 0.005 percent THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).... if we force it to 0.2 percent (we start to listen that something is not anymore perfect in sound quality) the power is higher...also if we tollerate 1 percent (80 percent of the population does not perceive this as bad sound) the power is much more than the power specified as "minimum undistorted power".... also some chips are specified to 10 percent..and under this distortion our power will be twice or 1 kilowatt...and this at 4 ohms....can be 2 kilowatts at 2 ohms too...hehehehehe... very powerfull, and this needs transistors..a lot of them and enormous heatsinks, or strong fan blower in tunel duct form..with one fan pushing and other fan pulling air that will be send to heatsink fins.

Each 10 watts of power, continuous power, sinusoidal waveform, 1 kilohertz signal, unclipped and undistorted, may need an aluminium blade, square aluminium blade, 2 milimeters thick, measuring 10 by 10 centimeters..... 100 watts will need 10 blades (fins) assembled together (heatsink).... 1000 watts will need 100 blades..and so on.... so, heatsinks may be enormous, but can be reduced 2 or three times if we use one fan or dual fan tunnel duct system or cooling..needed to class AB audio power amplifier that has 63 percent efficiency..some energy will be transformed in heat in the place to be transformed in audio...energy from the supply.... there are waste in power depending the power amplifier class (A, B, AB, H, G, D).

So, this amplifier is not for someone that wants cheap things.. it is to the ones wants a superior design, a many times superior power and audio quality...low distortion and excellent performance.... using standard supplies you gonna need several power transformers....big ones and also enormous quantity of electrolitic condensers and rectifiers... the amplifier is serious, to serious builders, to serious use, to professional applications and advanced audiophile use...not something to build as first amplifier that may kill you, as voltages present are enougth to kill someone that have not the needed skills.

If you use small transformer, a pair of condensers in the filter... well... result will be small...you may have 100 watts or even less.... the amplifier can operate from 4.5 plus and 4.5 volts minus..and power output will be less than 1 watt rms... it can work with one pair in the output in this case...a tiny transformer can be used...well..a matter of decision... amplifier power depends on supply power...if supply is 2 Kilowatts, then you will have 63 percent of that in audio power..if your supply is 100 watts, then you will have 63 watts of audio power... these things are connected..supply and power output.....more power needs more transistors in the output, bigger transformers, bigger rectifiers, bigger heatsinks, bigger condensers..big wires (gauge), big case...and all this is heavy and is expensive....but as i said..you can make it smaller too if you want it..or... can make it small and then can go upgrading to higher power, replacing transformers, heatsinks, including more transistors, more electroliti condensers..well... can be build in stages too... first year 100 watts... second years 400 watts and go progressing slowly.

Circuit is modern and use the most modern techniques, a lot of CCS, current sinks, current mirrors, differential amplifiers, enhanced voltage amplifier, darlington style power output in Emitter follower (EF) and inspiration came from Doctor Douglas Self and some designs made by Crown, some designs made by Mcintosh and some designs made by Electrocompaniet.

I am glad to present you one of the best wide world, ever made, power audio amplifier..something to satisfy, to make you proud, to beat other amplifier and make them feel ashamed when compared to the "big brother".

I am offering you the result of 51 years of studies of audio electronics... more than 5000 power amplifiers built (6231 units in reality), and several studies made in Tokyo about audio power amplifiers...a full life of audio research.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• MAKO designer.jpg
    MAKO designer.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Sone pictures

Attached,

Carlos

Attachments

• 01 Double Boards Etched.jpg
    01 Double Boards Etched.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 31
  • Building.jpg
    Building.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 43
  • AMP01.jpg
    AMP01.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 444444.jpg
    444444.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC02467.jpg
    DSC02467.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Dx Blame ST 3D.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 3D.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Do not know which one to build.jpg
    Do not know which one to build.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC04333dx.jpg
    DSC04333dx.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 56
  • Diyaudio.jpg
    Diyaudio.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 47

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
More pictures

Attached,

Carlos

Attachments

• Thermal sensor.jpg
    Thermal sensor.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Supercharged by Dx.jpg
    Supercharged by Dx.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC04333dx.jpg
    DSC04333dx.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 35
  • My power transistor.jpg
    My power transistor.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DX MAKO PHOTO PCB.jpg
    DX MAKO PHOTO PCB.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Segundo grupo de compras.jpg
    Segundo grupo de compras.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    Dx Blame ST, Supercharged and MKII.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Imagem 118.jpg
    Imagem 118.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Dx Blame ST 3D.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 3D.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Visit Brasil.jpg
    Visit Brasil.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DXMKIIS.jpg
    DXMKIIS.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Listening Aussie Symphonic 1.jpg
    Listening Aussie Symphonic 1.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC02467.jpg
    DSC02467.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 20

Yosemite

Mr Calos

Thats massive work indeed.

I wonder if this amplifier will be released soon, I can see that the PCB is ready for sell?

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I am curious about your country Yosemite...your profile is almost empty ...

has no informations about you.

The amplifier was tested and boards layout ready, gerbers available, prototype made..... about release date, board price and other details you should ask Microsim.... these decisions depends on him.

regards,

Carlos

michelle

makko

dear sir
greetings could you please tell pcb cost with postage to india as i am a destroyer fan having
built all his wonderful amps
thanking you
michelle

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
After July 15th we may have more movement here...more action.

My dear Michelle, i know your real name my friend..... the amplifier project, the design, the rights to explore as business, is going to be sold to this forum...this may happens July, 15....then Microsim, the forum owner, will start to order boards and to collect prices...the whole thing will start after july 15th..... wait a little bit more my dear.

I do not know price, nor quantity to be produced, this gonna be Microsim decisions, my part is to design, to build and test and to ask Alex mm to prepare board layouts and offer gerbers to us...also i will be helping people to assemble and will be present in this forum for, at least, one year after the amplifier's release date..giving follow up and answering questions about...taking care of my son (the amplifier).

After payment procedure, as this amplifier was created to be exclusive SMPS forum design, the whole thing will start to run faster.

regards,

Carlos

Yosemite

Mr carlos,

i am sorry if you don't find information's in my profile

I can read that you used be an expert into audio, that makes me trust your design more.

I will be waiting your release of amplifier MAKO

What is expected cost of making two blocks?

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Well dear Yosemite, i do not know...it will not be very cheap because it uses a lot

of power transistors, huge heatsinks, enormous giant power supplies..the amplifier is very powerfull.

I cannot say how it may cost...i really have to think about that...about the board it may be produced in this forum by Microsim, the forum owner...he wants to provide this amplifier to whole world.

July 15 is the date we gonna celebrate a business and he may start to produce boards (order to the factory) and the whole thing will start....keep tuned to this forum, in special after July fiftenth.

Thank you by your kind words...merci beaucoup mon cher ami

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Well dear Evette, you are the first in my heart....so... you gonna be the first to

know details and to buy boards.... also, even this business fail, i will show you the schematic.

I am extremelly gratefull to you because several packages containing power transistors, medium power transistors and low power transistors you have sent.... also your kindness and your sweet daugther made me appreciate your person that lives inside my heart and does not pay anything for that... the place is free to you to avoid you to get out from my heart by your own will.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Well my dear friend Evette..you know you are the first inside my heart.

[video=youtube;Az6jgFznSLQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6jgFznSLQ[/video]you gonna be the first to know details and to buy boards.... also, even if this business fails (depends mainly on banks) , i will show you the top secret schematic after july, 15th.

I am extremelly gratefull to you because several packages containing power transistors, medium power transistors and low power transistors you have sent.... also your kindness and your sweet daugther made me appreciate your person that lives inside my heart and does not pay anything for that... the place is free to you to avoid you to get out from my heart by your own will.

The video attached is my first Vlog dear Evette.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

eulen

Congratulations

Hi Carlos, a long time we don't talk, because you know, I'm a mummy with electronic assembly.

Great work you're doing with this amplifier. I would like to build DX Mako - this awesone monster - but i'm not skilled yet to manage this huge power supply, I'm afraid to be killed kkkkk, but I'm dreaming with the earthquake within neighborhood, they'll love it.

Congratulations by DXCorp's new product. Have a nice weekend master.
========
Olá Carlos, há muito tempo não falamos, porque você sabe, sou uma múmia na montagem eletrônica.
Grande trabalho voces estão fazendo neste amplificador. Gostaria de montar o DX Maki - este fantastico monstro - mas ainda não tenho conhecimento pra mecher nessa fonte enorme e to com medo de morrer hehehehe, mas estou sonhando com o terremoto na vizinhança, vizinhos vão adorar.
Parabens à DX Corp pelo novo produto. Tenha um bom fim de semana.

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Very good Eulen, i am glad you are interested

Muito bom Eulen....mais um desafio esse power..vai servir para você demolir sua casa e se vingar dos vizinhos.

Great chance to demolish your home or to make a good revenge to boring neighbors.

regards,

Carlos

CobraNet

MAKO Drive

What the hell?

24 output device? this is gonna very expensive block amplifier, since the drive circuit is very simple.
Is it possible to scale the amplifier to 6 or 8 output devices? if I want only 200W?

I really have this question from long time, most companies who sells expensive amplifiers, makes very complex drive circuits.

i wonder if this amplifier will beat some thing expensive.

Mr Carlos, please explain about driver section, why its so simple?

Thank you

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Mako business here reached an end... sadly, no more MAKO here

MAKO negotiation with this forum, as an exclusive design has reached an end... we will not have MAKO anymore here, the friends that came searching for Mako should receive my apologize..was not my fault.

This amplifier was the tenth design made by Dx Corporation, and the best one ever made..had the destiny direct it as an unit made to be sold, and to be explored as a business by Sami, this forum owner (Microsim)... he asked me an exclusive design to his forum...all other designs are for free and published in several foruns wide world..this is the only one was made customized to this forum.... an easy 2 Kw per channel super power amplifier is now free to negotiations with other foruns, to be sold in Brazilian free market or to be published wide world for free...this i gonna decide in the future.

After a long time waiting Sami decisions, today we have reached an end to our agreement and this set me free to do whatever i want with the amplifier.

I am very sorry about that folks, MAKO may be sold to another forum or published in the DIYaudio forum.

- "lamentàvelmente o negócio com esse forum não se concretizou...foi uma espera funesta que acabou em pizza... eu sinto muito amigos, principalmente os que vieram a cata do amplificador ficam agora livres para ficar ou partir...eu vou me afastar mas sem perder o contato já que existem topicos criados e minha obrigação é responder à questões que porventura existam, independente do fracasso das negociações, do tempo perdido e de toda a frustração e decepção que sofri..... mas já haviam suspeitas que a coisa acabaria em pizza mesmo dado ao caráter do comprador... o que acontecerá com o MAKO?...ainda não sei...talvez seja vendido para o DIY audio, talvez seja vendido no mercado aberto e até mesmo poderá ser oferecido gratuitamente no forum internacional...ainda não tenho isso definido..é coisa para pensar, negociar, avaliar e decidir no futuro"

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

meanman64

??????????????????????????????????????
MAKO negotiation with this forum, as an exclusive design has reached an end... we will not have MAKO anymore here, the friends that came searching for Mako should receive my apologize..was not my fault.

This amplifier was the tenth design made by Dx Corporation, and the best one ever made..had the destiny direct it as an unit made to be sold, and to be explored as a business by Sami, this forum owner (Microsim)... he asked me an exclusive design to his forum...all other designs are for free and published in several foruns wide world..this is the only one was made customized to this forum.... an easy 2 Kw per channel super power amplifier is now free to negotiations with other foruns, to be sold in Brazilian free market or to be published wide world for free...this i gonna decide in the future.

After a long time waiting Sami decisions, today we have reached an end to our agreement and this set me free to do whatever i want with the amplifier.

I am very sorry about that folks, MAKO may be sold to another forum or published in the DIYaudio forum.

- "lamentàvelmente o negócio com esse forum não se concretizou...foi uma espera funesta que acabou em pizza... eu sinto muito amigos, principalmente os que vieram a cata do amplificador ficam agora livres para ficar ou partir...eu vou me afastar mas sem perder o contato já que existem topicos criados e minha obrigação é responder à questões que porventura existam, independente do fracasso das negociações, do tempo perdido e de toda a frustração e decepção que sofri..... mas já haviam suspeitas que a coisa acabaria em pizza mesmo dado ao caráter do comprador... o que acontecerá com o MAKO?...ainda não sei...talvez seja vendido para o DIY audio, talvez seja vendido no mercado aberto e até mesmo poderá ser oferecido gratuitamente no forum internacional...ainda não tenho isso definido..é coisa para pensar, negociar, avaliar e decidir no futuro"

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
This sequence of interrogation marks is used by another person that i know very well

I would like you to send me direct email with picture attached, audio attached and text in your own languge for identification purposes.

Maybe someone else is using your log in dear Meanman.

Also, since we start with MAKO you have never contacted me directly...this is strange too.

regards,

Carlos