Dx Mako - The power machine

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
hehehehhe....heatsinks are small...i have not bigger ones...These one serves to test prototype as i will use a 60 centimetrs diameter fan blowing air into the cube....this amplifier vwill drain 1 kilowatt from the supply and efficiency is 63 percent.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
[video=youtube;AajHE45qZ0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AajHE45qZ0w[/video]He may be suffering Diarrhea (пролив) ... this is painfull....ahahahahahah!

About MAKO.... people came to me asking if MAKO is two Supercharged amplifiers bridged.....NO!.... MAKO is a single power amplifier, not a bridged thing...made based into the Precision 1 power amplifier that was highly modified, updated and upgraded to better performance and using more modern sub circuits and parts.... retuned to the perfection.

Attached the Precision 1 amplifier, the one sold 100 units in the www.diyaudio.com... the one was build by several happy folks around this nice planet earth....about bridged amplifiers...well...i do not like them.... listen this audio message please.

regards,

Uncle Charlie.... a compulsive builder...an audio fanatic...the one have passion by amplifiers...a darn crazy guy.

Attachments

• Schematic Precision 1.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Here you have the video in Spanish and Portuguese:

[video=youtube;lR6v0msQYzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR6v0msQYzY[/video]

JAKUB_G

:D

whats the matter with you?

On that video, there is just box with some heatsinks.
destroyer: Do you think it fcking serious that you cool one kilowatt amp with passive cooling? For your information, the highest power dissipation isnt by the full power....

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I do not think about these things...i just put them to work and i test them...this box is just to test a prototype and i will need, certainly a fan to help the cooling.... i do not use to spend too much time imagining if something will work or not... i use my imagination to other things....i am a builder...someone that makes experiences.... someone that burn fingers working and i accept try and error.... deeply skilled... 50 years building..more than 6300 power amplifiers build...i use to i go doing and them i will have my own answers....the box is not offered and suggested..it is just show..you see that i am not suggesting people to do this way as i am not providing any dimensions.

Read the thread with attention prior to make comments please... the circuit cannot be shown, it was sold..it is a secret..i am just informing the ones knows me and trust in my amplifiers as thousands have build them all over the world, that i am starting a new design...if you do not know me, then take a seat and read a little and you may apreciate...or not.... in the second option you have other threads and other foruns to go....in the first option you will have a nice guy ready to teach the ones wants to learn something in the precious practice way.

Maybe because the language, you seem a challenging guy, maybe envious or someone that thinks knows a lot.... it is a good idea to know better the ones you are challenging before post provocations or ironic comments supposing others are stupid....maybe the stupid is the one supposes that.

You are having a chance to behave more educated to create good relations...if you continue challenging will be ignored.

I suggest you to take some care with your words and to avoid words or questions that may produce the idea of irony or sarcasm...as we are in an international forum where there are several languages and traditions..different cultures... questions alike you made, to my culture, usually starts a fight...be more kind and we gonna be happy together

You use your own ideas about cooling, fans and dimensions...but use them..do things and be happy.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

JAKUB_G

I am not envious, I neednt it. I just used to make sth to the nines. First off all sorry for my attacking reaction. But. Why here isnt some measurements? what is inside? Sorry but my imagination of the precision amp is somewhere else...

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I am working into the Mako boys...it is becoming a beautifull high end power amplifier..sonics are still lovely..it is being tuned.

regards,

Carlos

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Prepare yourself for strong emotions..bass is awsome, unbeatable and treble perfect

Mako (in development) is sounding awsome....distortion is really small... 500 watts RMS at 4 ohms and distortion is very low to this output impedance and power level.

And i will reduce..... to 8 ohms i am having less than 0.002 % THD at 270 watts RMS.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• imagem.jpg
    imagem.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 42

JAKUB_G

Can I ask, how do you measure it? some graphs.... This is again just about nice numbers.... Measure IMD into RLC load. Some oscilographs?

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
Jakub

At a convenient time, some graphics and oscilograms will be published...mainly in youtube where there are already hundreds videos including scope waveforms and some Multisim 11 analisis graphics too....although my friends, already know me and they have confidence as they have assembled several amplifiers from my design...so, my amplifiers are made and dedicated to the ones have confidence in my criteria... for sure not dedicated to the ones shows distrust about what other says....seems you want me to prove things to you...sorry but i am not interested.

You look to have a kind of contestatory and challenging personality that for sure is not pleasant to my feelings....also i do think you do not deserve special answers...long answers that produces some hard work to prepare...because in your thread you dennied to share schematics and pcboards using strange excuses....you have shown yourself and anything more.... have not cooperated with this forum community just using it's space and bandwidth as an outdoor to this amplifier you shown....maybe not even yours....i do not feel myself confortable, or interested to go answering you.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
I tried several times to post a message and forum said "timed out"... what does this means friends?

regards,

Carlos

I am glad to inform you folks that i have a new version of my old and beloved simulator, the Workbench.. i use this one since 1990.... the name was Workbench these old days....it is a very helpfull tool...we come from the tuning and we can check in the simulator if audio sonics matches good numbers or not..sometimes matches, sometimes not..good numbers are not a guarantee of audio quality and also the opposite is truth....so, it is a nice tool to learn and to check these things... i am working in the prototype doing tuning..and now checked in the simulator using analisis (fourier).... this helps... then i can return to the prototype to tweak it for sonics once again.

Attachments

• Simulator.jpg
    Simulator.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
For a while, prototype is using 12 pairs of good transistors....i really have not calculated what gonna be the minimum number of pairs to 4 ohms..i will inspect SOA latter..now a days i am tuning for audio quality...listening and tweaking and checking using scope and simulator.... a lot of goes and returns from the workbench to the computer and observing the scope..using low impedance loads and audio samples going to small speaker for monitoring purposes...i cannot talk too much..it is a secret Yakub G.

Transistor Datasheet attached, looks i will have to increase power transistors quantity for safety reasons, as SOA for 85 Volts DC symetrical supplies is not so high as i was wondering.

Well i hope you are satisfied, i cannot talk too much about...it is an almost sold design, a secret..i cannot go drop by drop informing things.... also, things are changing, i am working on prototype...today i am using these transistors and tomorrow i will be using other ones.... for a while it is a mutant.

No more questions please.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• MJL4302A e MJL4281A.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Amplifier power consumption will be less than 1 Kilowatt.jpg
    Amplifier power consumption will be less than 1 Kilowatt.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

JAKUB_G

So, you have 12 pairs of MJL at -+85Vdc into 4ohm? Can you sum the basic technical parameters? I think it is not a secret. How about saturation voltage? I dont know the power of this amp, so i cant react to he dimensioning of output stage. But, I hope, you bank on with the fact that the information in data-sheet are for junction temperature 25°C...