Forward Converter

ricky4u

I gone through enough material before joining this forum and also looked into many discussion. Somewhere i got saturated and confused about where to go. Not experienced in SMPS design but have started with Forward converter design. Was looking for a some information on internet and that's how i came across this forum.

With the help of fairchild application engineer and some basic knowledge, i have designed 120VAC (universal is not needed) to 20V/13Amp power supply. But not sure how close i am to the correct value. Need helping hand. I can share my design here with the calculation i did.

Thanks!!
Ricky

szhighstar

Below these books, you can study.
a. Power Supply Cookbook ------ Marty Brown.
b. Practical Switching Power Supply Design------- Marty Brown.
c. Power Sources and Supplies ----- Marty Brown editor.
d. Switching Power Supply Design ------- Abraham I Pressmen.
e. High Frequency Switching Power Supplies-Theory and Design –George Chryssis.
f. Demystifying Switching Power Supplies ---- Raymond A. Mack,Jr.
g. Practical Design of Power Supplies ----- Ron Lenk.
h. Regulated Power Supplies ----- Irving M. Gottleb.
i. Switching Converters Medium and High-power --- Dorin O Neacsu.
j. Principles and Elements of Power electronics ---- Barry w William
k. Switch mode Power Converters Design & Analysis --- Keng C Wu.
l. Switch mode Power Supply Handbook --- Keith H. Billings.
m. Power Electronics Handbook – Industrial Electronics Series --- Edited by Timothy L. Skvarinina of Purdue University.
n. Power Mosfets –Theory and Application -Duncan A Grant and John Gower.
o. Digital Power Electronics and Applications—Fang Lin Luo, Hong Ye, Muhammad Rashid.
p. Switching Power Supplies A to Z --- Sanjaya Maniktala

ricky4u

Hello szhighstar,

Thanks for the reply. Actually i did the design for forward converter and dealing with control loop to get output. Most of the things are mentioned in Application note and in few books you mentioned above and other stuff like feedback isolation as well. The only thing now i could not find was EMI components calculation do you have any idea about that?

Thanks!!
Ricky

szhighstar

Hi Ricky

Sorry, I am familiar with magnetics components. as common mode choke and difference mode choke and choke and filter.

szhighstar