Has anybody tried one of these far eastern grid tie inverters ?

zaphod

Like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/600W-MPPT-Micro-Solar-Inverter-Grid-Inverter-DC22V-60V-to-AC-230V-50Hz-60Hz-UK81/253569254624?hash=item3b09e7c4e0:g:rR0AAOSwNSZa1yHT

My only real concern would be testing the islanding and I think that could be done by plugging it via a power meter like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-in-Energy-Monitor-Power-Meter-Electricity-Kwh-Watt-Usage-Monitoring-Socket/273181428287?hash=item3f9ae1ca3f:g:s4EAAOSwiUpa4rvy

Then unplugging the power meter from the grid (not the grid tie) and checking it immediatly displays zero volts.

Does that sound like a good idea ?

Any experiences anyone ?

zaphod

Thank you for your reply :) I was aware of anotherpower but not backshed, thank you :)

I was hoping people here would be interested in the design of the power electronics ascociated with renewables rather than most renewable sites that simply discuss the usage of off the shelf modules :)

I admit my question was about an off the shelf module but I was hoping to lead into a discussion of other GTI solutions depending on the nature of replies I got.

But perhaps here people dont get interested in renewables, thats ok, I understand :)

noonehere

I guess a lot of the folks on here may not be too interested in renewables... i do know both those sites i quoted have a heap of diy info on inverters and panels etc. Not just off the shelf crap. There is another i can think of but they VERY ignorant of diy (too the point of abusive in my experience )..

zaphod

Thank you for your reply :) I have found the abusive troll problem too including on EEVblog, allaboutcircuits & diyaudio! It seems some people cannot leave a good thread alone without jumping in with "safety advice" or just armchair gossip with no real experience completely destroying the readability of the thread and as you say sometimes becoming abusive. I like the look of backshed so will definetly join there and see how it goes, once again many thanks :)