IR2153 SMPS TEST

MSRC

I am very happy to be on this site.Greetings to everyone from Turkey.
Friends, I would like to ask you knowledgeable friends who know my request to help me.
I applied the scheme october I presented in the appendix, but after a while the IRF740 and shunt resistors burned out.
can you help me where I'm making a mistake?

Attachments

• IR2153 POWER-V1.GIF
    IR2153 POWER-V1.GIF
    44 KB · Views: 65

Silvio

Post the full schematic. I am not sure but trying to peep further on to the output side i think there is an opto which will regulate the output voltage.
The IR2153 is not meant to be regulated. Using an SG3525 followed by a GDT will do a better job if the output needs to be regulated. The IR2153 is getting multiple shutdowns via pin 3 trying to keep the output regulated. There is a phenomen that if pin 3 is partly pulled down to ground the chip tends to lower the switching frequency hence if this drift is severe then the trafo may saturate and burn your fets.

MSRC

Silvio, thank you very much for your involvement.
everything is normal when you are idle. I got 25.22v of electricity.But I tested it with a load of 40 wat. It worked for about 10 minutes.Then the mosfets overheated and exploded.i wonder what I'm missing.

transformer etd29 pyrimer 0.6mm 20+20 winding.secondary 0.8mm 3x10 winding.IR2153 operating frequency 130kHz.

Attachments

• IR2153 POWER-V11.GIF
    IR2153 POWER-V11.GIF
    54.2 KB · Views: 42

Silvio

130 khz is rather a high frequency and there tend to be a lot of switching losses.
These losses generate heat at high frequency. Working out the number of primary turns you are a bit over at 40 turns primary. At 100khz this would be somewhat close to the number of primary turns you have on the trafo. It also reduce a little the switching losses. I hope you are using genuine mosfets as fakes dont last and heat up quickly.

MSRC

130 khz is rather a high frequency and there tend to be a lot of switching losses.
These losses generate heat at high frequency. Working out the number of primary turns you are a bit over at 40 turns primary. At 100khz this would be somewhat close to the number of primary turns you have on the trafo. It also reduce a little the switching losses. I hope you are using genuine mosfets as fakes dont last and heat up quickly.
thank you very much ederim. i will do as you say and share the result here