Is it just my impression or are the active members here only interested in audio psu

zaphod

Hi all, I have been a member a while and watching what goes on here from time to time.

It seems to me this is mostly a support site for some audio amp smps designs, am I right ?

Are any members for example interested in power electronics for renewable energy or electric vehicles ?

Silvio

Hi all, I have been a member a while and watching what goes on here from time to time.

It seems to me this is mostly a support site for some audio amp smps designs, am I right ?

Are any members for example interested in power electronics for renewable energy or electric vehicles ?

We will be quite glad to see some new ideas well if you are willing to share them.

zaphod

Hi Silvio thank you for your reply. I would have thought people here would be interested in green energy yet I see no discussion.
I use PV for heating water and saving oil, it's all DIY, is anybody else here doing any DIY PV, wind or hydro ?
Why doesnt this site have a renewables section ?

Silvio

Quote Why doesnt this site have a renewables section ?

I leave this for the administrator to answer your question.

As for myself I use a solar water heater to generate hot water, I have to cover half of it in summer as the water will boil. Regarding PV well I got a tall building beside my house and fitting PV will not pay much as the adjacent building creates a lot of shade.

Did you build also the grid tie inverter for your PV panels? Here in Malta we have a lot of PV panels installed and the government is giving us a partial refund of the total cost on installation of PV panels The set up costs around €6000 and we get around €2000 back.

Regards Silvio

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Silvio thank you for your reply. I would have thought people here would be interested in green energy yet I see no discussion.
I use PV for heating water and saving oil, it's all DIY, is anybody else here doing any DIY PV, wind or hydro ?
Why doesnt this site have a renewables section ?

Thanks for your note, it is possible to create that section without any issues.

zaphod

Thanks for the replies :) that would be great otherwise I think it would be hard to find postings :) I will wait with anticipation ready to post when it arrives :)

I am lucky for location except I wish I was much further south like Silvio I am around 52degN (UK) facing south west with no shade. I do have a grid tie but the priority is water heating, as it's a DIY system I get no subsidy, but it pay's for itself anyway in saved oil fuel :)

Last edited: