Llc hb smps 2000w

MyFirstSMPS

Is it rupiah?
If it - is really it 0.002 EUR ???
WTF? Its nearly cost nothing :eek:

And you may paralleling them, maybe 10 pcs :)

If you make your pcb-s itself, then how much you pay when you buy copper clad laminate?

Silvio

I have been reading the tread of today's posts. Talking about recycled capacitors I guess you noticed that my input capacitors are not new and these came from used inverter air conditioners. These are found in the outdoor unit pcb which control the 1Kw DC inverter motor (12000 BTU). They all have good electrolytic capacitors which have low ESR and quite a high capacitance. This is were I got mine.

Today I made some output ripple test and got these to show you. The ripple is 100Hz The output voltage at minimum load was 176VDC and at maximum load 158VDC. The input AC voltage was between 234 and 240 volts. The efficiency reached 82%. Max output current loaded was 14.47 Amperes more than this overload trip triggers.

Ripple 2000-1.JPGRipple 2000-2.JPGRipple 2000-3.JPGRipple 2000-4.JPGRipple 2000-5.JPG

Daughter pcb smd.JPG
The daughter PCB in smd as there was trouble with previous attachment

Last edited:

res_smps

Is it rupiah?
If it - is really it 0.002 EUR ???
WTF? Its nearly cost nothing :eek:

And you may paralleling them, maybe 10 pcs :)

If you make your pcb-s itself, then how much you pay when you buy copper clad laminate?

no, Rp 30.000 = 2 EUR
1 EUR = 15.696,55 rupiah (we separate thousand with dot and decimal with coma)
sometimes I make my own pcb but more often order it to local pcb makers because of the limited time between work and family
the last time I bought a 9cmx30cm fiber(CEM-3) pcb for 1 EUR eachcem pcb.jpeg

res_smps

Talking about recycled capacitors I guess you noticed that my input capacitors are not new and these came from used inverter air conditioners. These are found in the outdoor unit pcb which control the 1Kw DC inverter motor (12000 BTU). They all have good electrolytic capacitors which have low ESR and quite a high capacitance.
we usually get recycled 470 to 680uf 450V capacitors from the rectifier module for telecom equipment

Silvio

we usually get recycled 470 to 680uf 450V capacitors from the rectifier module for telecom equipment

I usually find 550uF, 680uf and sometimes 1000uf all with 400 to 450v rating. The 1000uF are not suitable because of the extended height being a cm or so higher than the others. The 1000uf x 100v I buy from aliexpress which are quite good with no ill effects.

This is the capacitor I was looking for and taught it was a film capacitor but it happend to be an Electrolytic as it is polarized.

Capacitor.jpg

Last edited:

MyFirstSMPS

This PEH169 is pretty good capacitor - they are long life, 40 000 hours at 85 degrees of Celsius. Large dimensions is their bad feature.

If I look your smps then seems like on capacitor is marked as 660uF - do I see it right or there are actually 680uF?

I have lot of 1000uF Nippon Chemi Con 105C capacitors which is new but their voltage is somewhat low - 315V but datasheet says like they withstands 365V surge, I have seen some commercially manufactured SMPS where is 160V capacitors (series connected) and even some years after use they seems OK and even capacitance is not deteriorated.

Silvio

This PEH169 is pretty good capacitor - they are long life, 40 000 hours at 85 degrees of Celsius. Large dimensions is their bad feature.

If I look your smps then seems like on capacitor is marked as 660uF - do I see it right or there are actually 680uF?

I have lot of 1000uF Nippon Chemi Con 105C capacitors which is new but their voltage is somewhat low - 315V but datasheet says like they withstands 365V surge, I have seen some commercially manufactured SMPS where is 160V capacitors (series connected) and even some years after use they seems OK and even capacitance is not deteriorated.

Yes in fact one of them is 660uF the rest are 680uF.

Regarding the 315v caps well they seem a bit marginal in the voltage rating as at 223vac the rectified and smoothed voltage will be 315vdc at 240vac the dc voltage will be 339vdc. If the datasheet says that they could withstand a 365v surge it means that this voltage is not going to sustained for a long time. The other capacitors with 160v rating are not that far from the operating voltage when connected in series.

Sometimes I came across capacitors marked with the working voltage. They used to be marked like for example 35 WVDC etc.

I guess you know as well. I was taught that if electrolytic capacitors are subjected to over voltage may break easily or explode so the voltage rating is always chosen so that it will not be exceeded.

MyFirstSMPS

The other capacitors with 160v rating are not that far from the operating voltage when connected in series.

I think this 160V capacitors is also not very good solution - 240VAC they get anyway half of this 339V and rather better brand (Nippon/Nichicon/Rubycon etc.) capacitors live this few overvolts probably much easier than noname brand but anyway it seems that this 315V is not very good idea to use them.

res_smps

I have done testing using top224 based flyback smps
for this test I did not use an oscilloscope

- Vout 15V regulated
- load : 3x 20ohm 10W resistor in parallel (6,6ohm)
result :
with 68uf elco
the voltage on the capacitor drops from 291 to 284
https://youtu.be/ojRMMRJBEOI

with 20uf mkp
the voltage on the capacitor drops from 293 to 271
https://youtu.be/yntqr5LMJdw

I thought this MKP capacitor was quite small which I could use for amplifiers input after this experiment, but it was very large
68u_vs_20u.jpeg

MyFirstSMPS

OK, if I get all parts I´ll try too.
You can probably use them in parallel with electrolytic filter capacitors, does this change anything?

Maybe this converter is really too advanced and this design does not work very well in amateur construction, without a complicated sircuitry ::SD

Last edited:

res_smps

for me it is enough, please check attached appnote page 2 : "Typically, the DC link capacitor is selected as 2-3uF per watt of input power for universal input range (85-265Vrms) and 1uF per watt of input power for European input range (195V265Vrms)"View attachment AN-4146.pdf.pdf