Lm3886

metal

I bought the PCBs from eBay a while ago. I assembled them and tested the amplifier, LM3886 is a nice chip, but still I prefer the transistor solid state amplifiers.

Attachments

• Image0669.jpg
    Image0669.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 193
  • PCB.jpg
    PCB.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 136

erhan739

yeah ı was repaired so many them. this's sound is good but it have limited power only 68w.on high loads this ic burns :(

metal

Different parallel and bridge topologies can give you more power from this chip.. As I told you, solid state is much better for serious DIYers. At least you know what's inside the box.

erhan739

sure. three IC bridget ı saw. but it isn't productive in Pro audio. but you in a home, you can use this IC you don' do anything more

destroyer x

Compulsive builder
It can be modified to increase treble and also increase bass low end

This chip can work even better...but people have to accept it is a 10 watts average, to let room for the peaks avoiding them to trigger the overcurrent, overtemperature and overvoltage (swing) protections.

Knowing where to tweak you can make it wonderfull.

I do not use to give the tips and tricks because people goes using it for commercial (business) purposes and i am a DIY... reason why i use to be in DIY forums.

From time to time, when i trust the guy (needs in advance some time to know one each other) them i give the tips if the guy promisses not to make this a business..... you know..something gave for free must continue for free.

regards,

Carlos

gchim

Guys, i've assembled this chip amp amplifier, with great results for a simple subwoofer amplifier.

the sound of this amplifier is so good.

the only problem, is that amplifier its so strong in 10hz until 30 hz.

i will need make an HI pass crossover....even with less 68 wrms, is very difficulty any subwoofer support it in full power
i will need make an HI pass crossover....even with less 68 wrms, is very difficulty any subwoofer stand in full power

handrich

This chip can work even better...but people have to accept it is a 10 watts average, to let room for the peaks avoiding them to trigger the overcurrent, overtemperature and overvoltage (swing) protections.

Knowing where to tweak you can make it wonderfull.

I do not use to give the tips and tricks because people goes using it for commercial (business) purposes and i am a DIY... reason why i use to be in DIY forums.

From time to time, when i trust the guy (needs in advance some time to know one each other) them i give the tips if the guy promisses not to make this a business..... you know..something gave for free must continue for free.

regards,

Carlos

I have agree with the filosfi "something gave for free must continue for free".

gchim

i agree with you and Carlos too.

This amplifier can't be thought and condemned just for to be a chip amp.

look at this site http://www.shine7.com/audio/jeff.htm that refer one use of this chip amp in Hi end mode.

The Jeff Rowland use 6 lm3886 ( 3 in paralel plus more 3 in paralel, and both in bridge mode )

it uses 0,1% precision resistors

then, we need to try understand this best chip amp if really it's good.

better of lm3886 there is lm 3875, that is considered the hi end chip amp, will be?

hugs

I have agree with the filosfi "something gave for free must continue for free".

Lira

Throubles with LM3886 from E-bay

I bought exactly the same PCB board from e-bay as Metal did , and i notice some errors:
First The Zobel/Thielle network is missing, there is only one resistor, so there is no stability on high inductive loads
Second, the ground is common from imput source to the power supply.

I tried to use it as a subwoofer amplifier, with a active crossover based on a TL071, but the only thing that is happening is the LM3886 exploding. The Subwoofer that i´m using is this on my avatar picture with a dual coil (4Ohms each, in series for 8Ohm).

I don't know what am I doing wrong, there is any tip or trick to make it work?

Thanks in advance

erhan739

Lira, ı've had problems like you. As well as famous brands. It is cracking for LF frequencies or sub frequencies... I advce if you use integrated circuit, you can also try TDA 1562Q serie, it is H class and isn't cracking for LF.. or you can couple them: a pair of 3886 bridged for LF and single 3886 for HF with active filters..

Lira

Thanks, it's funny how integrated amplifiers work well... (For fireworks :D). I'll just build a subwoofer amplifier with 2 2sc5200, it's a lot better!