Looking for hi power dc-dc with current control, or a charger

necessaryevi

I want to make a DC-DC converter with adjustable voltage and current control. It is for charging batteries and it is desirable if it could double as bench supply. I'm looking for 20-40A and 30V output. Has anyone found such a design online?

Silvio

I want to make a DC-DC converter with adjustable voltage and current control. It is for charging batteries and it is desirable if it could double as bench supply. I'm looking for 20-40A and 30V output. Has anyone found such a design online?

I am just wondering what kind of batteries are you planning to charge, 30v and 40A that is 1200w. Do you really need this power? There are a lot of ready made converters on aliexpress I guess they are not with that kind of power though, Their price is quite cheap.

necessaryevi

I'm thinking about buying an electric moped. There's a thread on a dutch forum where peope build replacement li-ion batteries for mopeds with an degraded lead acid battery. I want an faster charger for their solution. As dc source I want to use a beefy toroid transformer with synchronous rectifier (completed) or an used industrial power supply.

I've been thinking about using two ISDT T8 (€100 each) or two Turnigy Reaktor 1000w (€150 each) chargers. I have looked on aliexpress but those things are suspiciously cheap.