Phase shifted pwm resonant h-bridge supply !

cllow2020

View attachment PSFB_MCUdriver.pdf
thank you 2hartanto,
some detail info that i intended to do here.

but,

multiple divider.jpg
are this the ONLY way to measure full range ? multiple range such as 50V; 100V; 150V; 200V; more circuit complexity, as well as MCU programming. bad idea.
is there a better way to measure output voltage 0~200V, while can have maintain accuracy; linearity?

(multiple range circuit is not working, just show as an example)

Last edited:

2hartanto

Hi Cllow, first forgive me if sometimes i don't fully understand you. English is not my native language.

I have zero experience with SMPS. I just learn the theory within 2 month. Maybe in 1 or 2 week i will have parts on hand to make my first SMPS. But maybe i won't have time to build it until next year ☺

I will help as far as i can ( and as long as i have time ).

I don't know what is your project goal and what is the purpose of those PSU. It might be help if you can tell more.

Divide the working range into 2, 3 or even 4 is not a bad idea at all. I will do that if i were you. Doing that with uC is not difficult at all. You can use analog switch or relay to select voltage divider you prefer. If this is something too complex/difficult and you want to avoid it; i suggest don't go any further to make Phase shifted PWM code. Use dedicated PWM controller IC to make life eassier..

2hartanto

I have design and build digitally controlled PSU with LM723. The microcontroller i use don't have AD/DA so i use external AD/DA. The DA send voltage 0 to 2.55V to LM723. I set the feedback voltage divider ratio to 5:1 so i get adjustable voltage up to 12.75V in 50mV step. I forgot the exact lower limit but maybe arround 3V. So what i get is 3V to 12.75V digitally controlled PSU. Then i use AD to read the voltage and show the result in LCD at 100mV step. I also add over voltage protection routine if something goes wrong with LM723 or the final transistor; if the output voltage reaching 14V i disable the whole system.

cllow2020

English is not my native language too :) , I'm Chinese.
u r welcome.

well, this is the only way that i can think-of so far. working circuit,( I think so.. :D) , not perfect. maybe some-day some-one will give a hints.
multiple divider2.jpg

hope for the best.

regards

Last edited:

2hartanto

I cannot open your attachment. There is a lot way to make digitally controlled PSU. One other way is replacing feedback resistor in conventional PSU with digital potensiometer.

cllow2020

Vo_SW_1.jpgVo_SW_2.jpg
more & more excited & complex, do u agree ? but i still have no clue how to get 200v measurement range.

16 raw dataline to get 200v range, very rare ;ww:;ww:
thinking using digital adj variable resister IC.

Last edited:

cllow2020

resonant

Looks OK. 2N3904/3906 beta droops heavily at 100 mA to 30 min (that means the peak drive current will be limited). Use 2sa1020/2sc2655, BD139/140.

GDT magnetizing current should be less than 100 mA or so. Unless you want to add an extra stage in GDT driver.

Hi, Jagd.Panther , thank you for guide me again :w):w).

i need your opinion about resonant for below circuit:
resonant .jpg
while
Lx=T2pri + L1
Fr =100kHz

resonant = 1/(2*pi*sq(Lx*C6)) = 100KHz

Lx inductance could be variants due to lay-out & T2 leakage inductance.
my question is , using Oscilloscope to see(waveform), is the only method to determine ZVT transience, at that timing is the highest current ?

best regards

Last edited:

cllow2020

sorry , i didn't ask probably.
2 thinks happen here.
1) How to determine good ZVT transient frequency.
2) base-on that frequency, use resonate method to get the highest current, i.e: to determine C6

regards

cllow2020

That's true for unloaded transformer only. Did you check appnotes for phase shifted ZVS SMPS?

PSFB not related to resonant, i 've same doubt too, but i saw a digital powersupply(made in china) which using PSFB+LLC, i've limited info on this application note.
http://www.dianyuan.com/bbs/1499644.html this product is going to sell to whole world, new version is under testing.

1409902045-16559.jpg

anyone have info for PSFB+LCC digital powersupply ?

cllow2020

What resolution are you after? 50 mV? 100 mV? 250 mV?

VO : output
R_ratio: voltage divider resister ratio
MCU measurement range : 0~3.3v / 10bits
level-shift :10v--> 3.3v

analog error :resister 1% + opamp offset
due to analog error is fix constant value, can be easily added in MCU's programming

Vo =30v range
3.22mV * R_ratio = 9.66mV resolution while: R_ratio=3.

Vo =50v range
3.22mV * R_ratio = 12.88mV resolution while: R_ratio=4.

...and so on...70V...90v...110v...

i need 200V range, so far i can get 190V range with digital range at 8 bits

Last edited:

moghimimahdi

hi
i used ucc3895 for a phase shefted smps , it work correctly , but i cant make a good fb loop for that , can help me?
i cant make a fixed compansated FB loop , it make ringing
is this chip a current mode ic?