Please implement HTTPS

ray-san

Hi there, hi admins,
im new registred here but im gathering much useful informations about SMPSes for some time. But after register, i noted that the page uses no encryption. That means, that when you log in, everyone on the path from your PC up to the server can sniff and steal your login credentials. I wanted the admins to ask to get a SSL certificate and implement HTTPS on the forum to improve users security.
You can obtain a SSL certificate from letsencrypt for free. Its easy to integrate with every webserver i have used. The only real downside with these letsencrypt certificate is, that you have to renew the certificate every 3 months. But there are tools available, which do this for you, and it could be easily automated. On a linux machine simply add a cronjob which is run once per month or so. Im sure, windows server will provide a similar feature.

So please considering make this step,its not that hard, and you do much for the security for your users (and for yourself). I have a bad feeling every time i login to this page over a non-secure connection, and every other user should feel the same.

Thanksfully in advance

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there, hi admins,
im new registred here but im gathering much useful informations about SMPSes for some time. But after register, i noted that the page uses no encryption. That means, that when you log in, everyone on the path from your PC up to the server can sniff and steal your login credentials. I wanted the admins to ask to get a SSL certificate and implement HTTPS on the forum to improve users security.
You can obtain a SSL certificate from letsencrypt for free. Its easy to integrate with every webserver i have used. The only real downside with these letsencrypt certificate is, that you have to renew the certificate every 3 months. But there are tools available, which do this for you, and it could be easily automated. On a linux machine simply add a cronjob which is run once per month or so. Im sure, windows server will provide a similar feature.

So please considering make this step,its not that hard, and you do much for the security for your users (and for yourself). I have a bad feeling every time i login to this page over a non-secure connection, and every other user should feel the same.

Thanksfully in advance

Thanks for pointing that out, but we never had any issues with the forums

I will implement that soon.

Thank you