smps 2000va max for audio with simple component has to find and not expensive

protech1104

a smps is very difficult. and all the diagram which one finds on the forum does not function even any more if they functions it is only for one short period. I devoted more than 4 years for my first smps functional has long run. there are many secrecy and details that nobody wants to share. to manufacture smps and a very profitable project and also very very difficult. and it is for that nobody does not want to reveal these important secrecy

Attachments

• 2KVA WITH IRFP460.jpg
    2KVA WITH IRFP460.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 799

HULK28

Hello,
designing switching power supplies are a real job, no secrets, for which you must know well the topologies and have the know-how.
TL494 and SG3525 are old school, now you must use modern circuits and resonant topologies for better efficiencies.
Just a look at your attached thumbnails show that this design is not solid with a poor layout without respect of rules.
And you will never have 1500VA with this circuit.
You can have a good schematics, not like this with a 11W resistor :D, but if your layout is bad, all is over.... nothing will work properly.
Regards.

protech

yes it work greatly . i use this smps for 3 years and no problems. 11w resistors is for soft start smps at max loading. iťs very sheap simple and work very well

Silvio

Good job for you but without proof. Show us your work and loads. A lot of people claim a lot of things.

blasphemy000

I see some less than ideal, even bad, choices in the design of the circuit itself and there is a complete and utter disregard for trace separation around the high voltage areas on the board. Toroidal transformers are a bad choice for off the line SMPSs due to the difficulty, sometimes impossibility, of being able to get adequate insulation between the high voltage primary and the secondary windings. I agree with the other members here; we need to see schematic, properly labeled PCB layout, and output voltage/current specs + load test before we just take your word for it.

Also, to come here and say, quote, "And all the diagram which one finds on the forum does not function even any more if they functions it is only for one short period." That just goes to show you didn't look through this forum very well. The members here are very knowledgeable and there are plenty of proven and reliable designs posted on this forum.

- Brad

mproline

I bought the artwork and the schema and it works very well. thanks protech. you others do not know what to say. ignoring. I tested several schema in this forum and it does not work!

Silvio

@Mproline

All I can say to you is that mine worked very well and did not burn any components. I have published all the data and also the schematics of the 3 smps I have built so far.

Cheers Silvio

HULK28

Sorry, but when I see this poor layout:

input_layout.jpg

a total ignorance of the isolation rules, the choice of a fuse under dimensioned for 1500W, a resistor of 11W while there are techniques to solve the inrush current, layout in single layer ....
All this is really great amateurism.
1500W? :":: lol!

Last edited:

mproline

isolation is in the side primary secondary. the fuse is for security only and not affected by big current of output we have a capacitor banc to handle this. 11w capacitor is for having a space for all resistor type and dimention smart man. i had use a 2w resistor and it work perfectly. no problem

HULK28

isolation is in the side primary secondary. the fuse is for security only and not affected by big current of output we have a capacitor banc to handle this. 11w capacitor is for having a space for all resistor type and dimention smart man. i had use a 2w resistor and it work perfectly. no problem

Use fuse 5mmx20mm for this level of current is not conform...
Voltage level isolation is not conform too in primary side.
No MOV protection.
No PFC for this level of power...

these are basic rules, do a training ... you ignore too much of the essential things.