smps +- 22 v from atx pc supply

rahulrahulll

i have a transformer core from atx pc power supply-toroid core from pc power supply-----

i need a schematic for smps +-22 v dc from 240 v ac--400 watts--for amplifier power--along with transformer winding and toroid core winding calculations

--------thank you

Silvio

Hello rahul, welcome to diysmps.

You need to read the safety information before attempting to build an smps. There safety precautions to be observed and you also need some knowledge in electronics. Some tools are really necessary especially an isolation transformer and also an oscilloscope. I am posting the link below for you to read and also download the attached file. The circuit will come later.

link: http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showt...-Equipments-needed-for-SMPS-development/page1

Regards Silvio

rahulrahulll

sir-i have basic idea electronics--i have made amplifier, linear regulated ps, audio crossover,subwoofer filter, active crossover etc-----BUT----i just need circuit diagram along with smps transformer construction---

i have all equipment except oscilloscope---i know it is tough job but still i try---

input--240v ac
output-+-22 v dc-regulated smps supply--400 watts-----for amplifier

------thank you

Silvio

@rahulrahull

Without oscilloscope it will be difficult to construct a smps.

Winding small transformers for smps is not a strait forward job and some winding practices for safety has to be known otherwise the transformer might short out and may present the grid voltage to the secondary. (This can kill you. You have been warned)

We are here to help you but what you do is your own responsibility

If you want to try please give me the dimensions of the transformer so that we can figure out if it is capable for the power
needed.

UPIC.jpg

A computer power supply does not work at full duty cycle all the time so the power you see on the box will not be constant. Peak power can be reached for short times.

Regards Silvio

Upik

Hi mr.silvio ,, do you have a single 24vdc smps scheme. I have ir2153. And some irf740, and also ei38. Or maybe it is better to use uc38xx. To have feedback

Silvio

@Upik

I can offer you a half bridge smps with IR2153 which can reach 500w with EI38. You have to alter pcb because the transformer pins are for ETD39, You have also to make new number of turns according to your transformer. You must also change diodes on output as 500w at 24v is equal to 20amps.

You can find the link here and download the pdf file on page 2 post #13

http://www.diysmps.com/forums/showthread.php?897-Audio-smps-700w-(IR2153)&highlight=audio+smps+700watts

Read the tread as there is a small mistake in one of the small diodes as it is pointing the other way

Regards Silvio

Last edited: