SMPS and class D amps

fingersg

PLEASE be kind, I'm new to this forum and electronics in general and I know the following question is very basic, but I need some help. I need to power two classD boards requiring +/-36v and putting out 200w a piece. I have found an SMPS that puts out the correct voltage and handles 500w. The problem is, there is only one output terminal from the SMPS. Can I double up they wires in each terminal and be safe. Or how should I wire this?

Silvio

PLEASE be kind, I'm new to this forum and electronics in general and I know the following question is very basic, but I need some help. I need to power two classD boards requiring +/-36v and putting out 200w a piece. I have found an SMPS that puts out the correct voltage and handles 500w. The problem is, there is only one output terminal from the SMPS. Can I double up they wires in each terminal and be safe. Or how should I wire this?

Is this smps regulated?

for double voltage you have to put another winding on the transformer.

You will also need to have a full bridge rectifier at the output and also capacitance on both outputs

Take a look here to get an idea what it involves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3ixhcTYFg&t=1s

fingersg

But I want to run two amps off of that one power supply. Each amp is 200watts. Do I need to double the wires in each hole of the terminal? Three wires+,o,-, going to each amplifier.

Last edited:

Silvio

All you have to do is insert 2 wires in each hole of the connecting block. 2 wires for positive, 2 wires for ground and 2 wires for negative. take one wire of each to each amplifier so that each amp has 3 wires +35/0/-35.