Recent content by maxpayne

1. M

Inductive Spike for Push-Pull car audio supply

I tried that Maxim note also. But didnt get satisfactory result than with 10R and 15nF cap. Attached is the modified gate drive circuit. During positive half cycle gate will get the pulse via 22R resistor. During negative half cycle or turnoff, the diode will be forward biased causing the...
  2. M

Looking for good quality toroid transformer manufacturer in China

I am looking for a good quality transformer manufacturer in China. I need to manufacture dc-dc boost toroid (12V to 40V push pull) transformer for commercial use. My present manufacturer didn't satisfy me as there is lot of leakage inductance which is causing trouble. Does anybody know any...
  3. M

Inductive Spike for Push-Pull car audio supply

I am facing this problem, which is causing the two push-pull MOSFET to extreme stresses. I am using this to power TAS5630 amp. the boost converter is converting the 12V DC voltage to 36V DC (unregulated). As this is a car amplifier so the battery voltage can be 10V to 14.5V. Everything is ok...
  4. M

Identyfying ferrite core material

I have desoldered the transformer from a car amp(TAS5630) board. It is used here in the push-pull stage to step up the voltage from 12V battery. Now I need to know which core material is used here. I have tested the end to end inductance with a LCR meter. From the inductance value, it is...
  5. M

SG3525 ferrite transformer calculation

I am designing a 300W car amplifier using TAS5630B. To power the chip I am stepping up the 12V input to 40V DC using push-pull topology. My controller chip is SG3525 and I am using a PC40 material T28X16X16 size torroidal transformer. For SG3525, I choose Rt= 22K, Ct= 1nF and Rd= 56 Ohms...
  6. M

Ferrite core marking !

I would like to know what "EE1621" means. I guess the 2 cores are E shaped, 16 is the outer dimension (not sure), 21 is for "what" ? This is extracted page from a PI reference design- http://ac-dc.power.com/design-support/reference-designs/design-examples/rdr-420-10-w-cv-cc-usb-charger/
  7. M

Need reference design of a 5V 80W to 100W DC SMPS

Can anybody give me a reference design of a flyback 5V 18A or more DC supply with 115V AC input ? Normally chip manufacturer put reference design in their site, but the maximum I got is DER-245 from Power Intigration site which is 50W.