Search results

1. B

Nested Class-D with opamp

I was wondering if anyone ever tried making a nested Class-D amplifier with an (high performance) audio opamp? Or at least knows some more information and possibilities (advantages/disadvantages) about it?
  2. B

The truth about PFC for audio circuits

I have done quiet a lot of research about power factor correction in audio circuits but I'm stuck in the following. Officially according to EN61000, everything above 75W needs correction (for consumer products that is) So, why the question you may wonder? Well I can't get my head around the...
  3. B

ZXGD3002E6 base resistor

I'm using a IRS2092 with the ZXGD3002E6 as buffers for two pair of IRFP4227. What I understand from the datasheet is that these buffers don't need any base resistor. The thing is that the IRS2092 is getting pretty hot right know, so I guess I should use a base resistor indeed? Does anyone has...
  4. B

Self oscilating IRS20957 startup problem

I have a problem with a self oscillating IRS20957 circuit. It will not startup and I'm getting an use DC voltage at the output. The DC voltage is coming from the high-side OCP (from the VDR/VCC voltage) so is seems like that the IRS20957 is not starting up properly. Unfortunately I'm not...
  5. B

Irs2153

I really like the simplicity of the IRS2153. But I have a few questions about this driver IC. - If I understand well, it's difficult to make a regulated power supply with this IC? - If it is possible, is it also possible to make an adjustable voltage?
  6. B

IRS2092 2x500W/1000W BTL

I'm orienting on some designs for a 2 x 500W (@4ohm) / 1000W BTL (@8 ohm, full bridge) design with around ±80-90Vdc power supply voltage. I really like the "simplicity" of the IRS2092 However, I was wondering if this driver can be used to load around 2 x 500W/1000W by default, or do I need an...