500KHz(1MHz) 1% to 99% PWM

kiakiaka

Hi all,

I am designing circuits and usually i am making solutions for things where other engeneers r not 100% successful.I will not act like a begginer here or try to "steal" the knowledge.I will be glad to share or help.This time i need help.I tryed many times to make as I said in title block of this post PWM which should work on max up to 1Mhz with fine regulation of duty cycle.I tryed with SG,TL and many other ICs and i couldnt get desired result.Last what i tryed was UC3843 and with current regulation i achieved 0,1% to 95% with basic schematic in its datasheet.Still i dont have good result couse it is not 1% to 99%.The thing is that i want to make this without any MCU and couse of that chalenge is bigger.There is IC which can do this its LTC6992-1 but the thing is that i want to make this not to buy some solution.If anyone can help or have something to suggest i will be glad to try.

Regards,

noz-25

LEDadict
This design note
presents a method to achieve PWM dimming from 100%
down to less than 1% using an enhanced power control
circuit.
LINK

This one is up to 1MHz very simple but good HERE.

Last edited:

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I am designing circuits and usually i am making solutions for things where other engeneers r not 100% successful.I will not act like a begginer here or try to "steal" the knowledge.I will be glad to share or help.This time i need help.I tryed many times to make as I said in title block of this post PWM which should work on max up to 1Mhz with fine regulation of duty cycle.I tryed with SG,TL and many other ICs and i couldnt get desired result.Last what i tryed was UC3843 and with current regulation i achieved 0,1% to 95% with basic schematic in its datasheet.Still i dont have good result couse it is not 1% to 99%.The thing is that i want to make this without any MCU and couse of that chalenge is bigger.There is IC which can do this its LTC6992-1 but the thing is that i want to make this not to buy some solution.If anyone can help or have something to suggest i will be glad to try.

Regards,

Its really nice to be clear from the beginning. I will look for this around.

It would be great idea if you show us some pictures of your previous projects!

thanks

kiakiaka

I am working as freelancer for many companies.Projects r mostly covered with NDA.I will try to publish something here which is not in NDAs.I can say that i am chalenging my self so much that nobody can chalenge me more.As a result i have almost perfect designs related to automation,PSUs,inverters,Amplifiers and simmilar.I am not member of any simmilar forum i and i become one of the members here couse i saw that really good people here r working together.I am glad to be part of that type of community.Pictures will come soon.

Regards,

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
I am working as freelancer for many companies.Projects r mostly covered with NDA.I will try to publish something here which is not in NDAs.I can say that i am chalenging my self so much that nobody can chalenge me more.As a result i have almost perfect designs related to automation,PSUs,inverters,Amplifiers and simmilar.I am not member of any simmilar forum i and i become one of the members here couse i saw that really good people here r working together.I am glad to be part of that type of community.Pictures will come soon.

Regards,

Many Thanks for joining diysmps, While your designs are NDA, then no problem.

If you can publish any thing it will be ok,

thanks

kiakiaka

I will find designs which r rights free.Currently I am working on one small SMPS with TINY switch.When i finish it i will publish here for that part(its part of big design) everything.I achieved there 5V/2,5A with EE-19 core.It dont have any voltage drop on full load and it works from 85V AC to 300V AC stable with OVP protection.Everything is super compact so , many people here will like that i am sure.Design is easy to modify to other voltage with same stability.

kiakiaka

This design note
presents a method to achieve PWM dimming from 100%
down to less than 1% using an enhanced power control
circuit.
LINK

This one is up to 1MHz very simple but good HERE.

Cant buy IC at my place.I will try to use some other IC to see is it possible to reach the precision.Tnx for the replay.

kiakiaka

Well :)

I made a mistake while i was working on one simulation and i made a pwm with control from 1% to 99%.The thing is that i cant make frequency control :D ..... it is working on 400KHz and works perfect.Here arePWM.jpgView attachment pwm.rar the schematic and multisim file for those who want to try to make frequency control.