Direct power amplifier design?

kiakiaka

Hi all,long time no see.I have been working on many exotic projects in last few months and i have found on the internet titles like "Direct power amplifier".So i decided to talk about that and see is there something what can be done in DIY version and which can be good as classic D amp.I will explain the idea.Usually we have SMPS + Audio block ..... in direct amp concept SMPS is direct source of audio signal.....there is no independant audio stage.Its concept is based on DC voltage swing and efficiency is higher than in D class......So main question is how u guys see possible ways to make this?When there is no input there should be zero output.....so SMPS will consume power only when there is audio present.....this is biggest advantage for efficiency.Classic design consumes all the time power from grid.I would be glad to discuss if there r some ideas out there.

Regards,

Malmir

Many thoughts :), but non that yet might work as you say.
But i think i need guidelines from some one like microsim on this, as it will be needed to know a lot about smps, to understand where to "interfere" :). And i do not have that knowledge yet. But as i said many ideas :).