Help with PWM Amp

Hi i am trying to design my own PWM amp using discrete component. I have reached the following stage:PWM Amp.jpg. I need help to implement proper high side mosfet drive and dead time. Can anybody please help. Lower mosfet drive is fine. Thanks

P:S: I simply want to complete and get this design working not shift to a IR or HIP based driver with self oscillating comparator . Its my first design and i would simply like to get it working, output distortion is last on my list it will be mainly to get some good knowledge with class d. Thanks

Well i have been able to get it to work with low voltage since i had no deadtime the low side mosfet was heating up but i got it playing. Corrected the above circuit to use bootsrap supply for the hgih side mosfet not a very complex change and also modified the level shifter. The sound was far from hifi but it worked with some distotion as long as i stayed within reasonable duty cycle 20-80% otherwise it would simply stop modulating and begin to clip.Next stage if i have some time will be to go into self oscialltion and use deadtime to see what i can come up with.

Afterwards i will try to go for a IR2110 based amp like the very first models of IRAUDAMP

Working version PWM amp

This is the version of the PWM amp i made on project board:PWM amp.jpg. It was challenging to get the high side mosfet but very ironically it was the app note for IR gate drivers that helped me get the high side fixed and working. I'll pave my way slowly through class d

norazmi

diysmps Senior Member
nice, did u make this thing ? or u get the schematic somewhere else? its good to have nch only in class D, it will be more stable as both side have same rds-on. i`ve some schematic with nch only class D but i dont have scope so i cant go far to build it. here is some example maybe its usable for info.

Attachments

• um10155_185 (1).pdf
    179.4 KB · Views: 120
  • ucd_js3a_172.jpg
    ucd_js3a_172.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 134
Hi noramzi i have designed this thing by myself like all of the projects i posted here except for the LM723 bench psu. I am more inclined to design my own things. I do take a look and inspire from app notes other circuits but i like to control what i build from design schematic to prototype. Thanks for the circuit i will have a look at it. Its a UCD implementation with LTP, level shifters and passive turn off/on gate drivers. Nice circuit i will try to get into self oscillation soon and see what i come up with.