IR2153 voltage regulation

expressel

I want to show you how to make a voltage regulation with IR2153.
This same principe is working with timer 555 and TNY chips.

The principe is not changing the pulse width or regulating the frequency.
The principe is turning off the IC when the desired voltage is achieved.

yes.PNGDSC05814.JPGDSC05815.JPGDSC05813.JPG

Im an inventor momma/mommy :D/xD

----

I forgot to mention that this BS170 is because it works without it but the frequency go down to 8-10khz from 50khz.
Its fine with it and its 50khz :)

Last edited:

res_smps

I want to show you how to make a voltage regulation with IR2153.
This same principe is working with timer 555 and TNY chips.

The principe is not changing the pulse width or regulating the frequency.
The principe is turning off the IC when the desired voltage is achieved.

View attachment 5910View attachment 5911View attachment 5912View attachment 5913

Im an inventor momma/mommy :D/xD

----

I forgot to mention that this BS170 is because it works without it but the frequency go down to 8-10khz from 50khz.
Its fine with it and its 50khz :)

is there any audible noise from transformer?

expressel

No its almost dead quiet (you can hear it when your ear is right to the transformer).

Its audible without this BS170.
Im getting 37 volts without the regulation from a PC ATX trafo without rewinding :O

Last edited:

blasphemy000

I took apart a lesser quality power supply(hit with lightning/shorted FETs) that was designed for the last 2 versions of the XBox360-Slim and that is essentially how they're regulating the 12V output. They have an IR2153 providing the oscillations and they're clamping the CT to ground through a opto-coupler and some SMD transistors. It seems to work really well for the ~120W output it provides(12V @ 10A).

expressel

Hehe it seems that im not the inventor of this but im still the inventor since there are no schematic with ir2153 and voltage regulation. :D