My first 350w smps

microchip

The main transformer which can be seen integrated with the mosfets may be wound on a standard 90 by 140mm^2 ferrite bobbin core assembly.

The primary side winding consists of 40 turns of 0.6mm super enameled copper wire. Remember to stop after 20 turns, put an insulation layer with an insulation tape and wind the secondary winding, once the secondary is wound, insulate it again and continue with the remaining 20 turns over it. Meaning the secondary winding gets sandwiched between the primary 20 + 20 turns. The center tap of this 20+20 may be connected with the body of the SMPS for an improved stabilization and cleaner outputs in terms of ripples or buzzing interferences.

The secondary consists of a center tapped 14 x 2nos turns made by winding 0.6mm super enameled copper wire.

The input and output filter coils may be wound on ferrite torroidal cores. The paired winding must be wound on the same individual torroidal cores using 0.6mm super enameled copper wire with 25 turns on each arm of the relevant supply terminals.

BR, Microchip Sound Forge

microchip

This article will illustrate a simple procedure to devise an unregulated switching symmetric power supply of 350W.
This unit can be substituted with the standard audio amplifier power supply to reduce expense and also the weight.
The proposed power supply works as a half-bridge with no regulation.

br..Microchip Sound Forge

mirras

I really like the simplicity of the design. Could you supply some diagramms for load responses. Maybe a LTSpice - file that would be really cool. Thanks

Silvio

Just one thing puzzles me. 1) current for 350w at 100 volts is 3.5 amps 2) The maximum current for AWG 22 (0.6mm) is 0.92 amps. Max frequency is 42 KHz

Should it at least be wound in bifilar instead of single wire.
The wire gauge used is not suitable for the designed frequency ether as it should be thinner for 50KHz.

microchip

Just one thing puzzles me. 1) current for 350w at 100 volts is 3.5 amps 2) The maximum current for AWG 22 (0.6mm) is 0.92 amps. Max frequency is 42 KHz

Should it at least be wound in bifilar instead of single wire.
The wire gauge used is not suitable for the designed frequency ether as it should be thinner for 50KHz.

thx for your valueable adwise bro,
plz give me correct tra. winding data..

Br.

Last edited:

Silvio

Give me the cross sectional area of the center core of your transformer + length of bobbin + window space and I will give you the data.