Tas5630

lorylaci

Hi Guys!
There is so little info in class-D threads. So I share one of my plans. This is a simplified version of my TAS5630-based amp (without indicators, extras), for schematic see datasheet. This layout is built, and worked from supply levels 28V, 40V, 50V without error.

I attach the Sprint-Layout version of the layout, and GIF-exports. You can download free viewer for spint layout, and can use that to print layouts for toner-transfer. All GIF-exports are from top view, so appropiate mirroring should be checked for your method!

Attention should be done with IC's heatsinking. I use a small peace of 2mm thcik aluminium on the IC, under the heatsink to ensure, no other componentleg touches IC. Heatsink can be really small, output power can be 2x >200W at 4 Ohm, depending on supply.

Output inductors are Coilcraft ED0006-AL ones (their core is T106-2, and wound with 0,8mm copper wire to 20uH). Original inductor in evaulation design is T94-2 wound with 1mm copper wire. Minimum inductor is 7uH, but i reccomend >10uH. With mine I measured output switching freq ripple of 2-3mV at no input signal, due to BD modulation.

Attachments

• Texas.zip
    124.6 KB · Views: 355

Lira

its nice to see you working on a smd chipamp, class d, i like to see your results, by the way, im finishing some chipamps and in a little time i will post it here, i'm just testing them and when its safe and working good it will be in this section.

I have some projects on class d, and i think you can help me test them.

Best regards

Lira:UP::UP:

lorylaci

Then you should try TAS5630! Performance I measured was pretty well the same as in the datasheet. The amp worked pretty well at different supply levels. It is 100% short circuit protected, which I also tested accidentally due to bad soldering (SD pin was on, amp turned off). In my board with extras there is clipping indiciator, indicator for >100°C junction temp, error indicator, startup indicator. The amp produced an extreme SPL with my 2x12"+HF (4 Ohm) cabinets. The very small heatsink (8x6x2 cm) never went over 40°C, even when driving it to extensive clipping. Due to BD modulation output filter requirements are pretty light.
I tested the amps on pure resistive loads (6 Ohm per BTL side), with continous max unclipped sine signal. It was no problem, it did it without dangerous heatsink temperature rise. (my inductors and my SMPS supply started to heat only then)
I will use this modules in my wedge monitors, so to make them active. I even plan to put them inside my 2x12"+HF boxes, but biamped, so then it will driver 2x12" 4 OHM with 240W, and the 8 Ohm Compression driver with 120W, so biamped. My 8x8" horn mids (150- 700 Hz) will be supplied by these too (speakers connected parralel to 2 Ohm -> 480W, with a 108dB/1W/1m predicted at front cabibent). I even plan to drive my 2"CD+2xring HF units biamped with this too. For bass bins i will use my full-bridge UcD plan.

madman

Hi, my english is not very good, so sorry for mistakes.
It is nice to see working TAS. Great job lorylaci. I built this amp too. In the beginning I had some problems, but now it is everything OK. I use DKD package. TAS5630 sounds very good! I am satisfied ...
I attach link to album where are some photos of my amp. http://adresat.rajce.idnes.cz/TexasInstruments_TAS5630