want to make car amp need help

comandos69

i got 2 aiwa speakers with sub, the speakers says they are 8ohms and 160w + 160w (rms) i wanted to make something that i only would have to plug it, by this i mean with the power suply it needs , i think it should be 4 chanel amp. i got no idea about electronics and i know this may be a to big for starters but something else i wouldnt know what to use it for. thanks and any help like books or stuff about circuits is apreciated

MicrosiM

Administrator
Staff member
This will be complex if you have no idea bout electronics.

But I advice you to buy a KIT or ready built one, unless you would like to make it your self?

SMPS for car will be costly, and it may be a cheaper for you to buy a ready made one

DCPreamp

Starting out to build a full car amp with SMPS for a first step into electronics is a huge undertaking. What I'd recommend is to buy a cheap four-channel car amp to use for your speakers and sub. Once you have it, do a lot of research on this, and similar, forums and google for schematics, concepts, and topologies of power amps and DC-DC SMPS circuits (DC-DC means a DC to DC converter, or a circuit that takes the 12V DC from a car battery and generates the + and - DC supply voltages (suck as +/-35VDC) for the amplifier circuits) (SMPS means Switch-Mode Power Supply). Then you can refer to the amp your purchased, reverse engineer it with the knowledge you gained. Once you're comfortable with the various circuits that make up a car amp, then you could go about gathering the parts to build your own. In the mean time, you'll have the store (or eBay or whatever) bought amp to use to listen to and learn from.