4000 watt rms power amplifier

stewin

wow lots of power transistors what class and the distortion specs please? please post the pcb if you've made it or pics. but i prefer class d because of simplicity

blackpower

The amp works, I have already tested it but in simple wiring system; currently, I am working on the drawing of the pcb for this amp. I will share it here when ready!

michelle

4000 watts

Hi blackpower
greetings nice to know amp works have you tested with step supply as shown in
schematic if you post full driver stage schematic i can help out with pcb design thats not a problem
warm regards
michelle

Malmir

Hello all.

If still needed/wanted i do have the PCB design of the "driver" part of this one (somewhere). It was original a 20kW project that for some reason was pooled down long time ago. This is not 4kW but 5kW, yes we did it at engineering school under tight supervision from some teachers.

Sincerely
Klavs.

Malmir

Hello people.

Sorry for the delay, but i have collected a huge some of info over Years :). And i am not good at writing info on burned CD's, thus it takes time to find.
But here it is. As sayed before, this is not a 4kW project but a 5kW project. 2 boards should be used in bridge connection and when done correct it should be able to deliver 20kW.

Good luck with it :). Actually we did this at engineer school and it do work as a single unit (5kW), but cannot remember if we changed some values here and there :).

BRGDs
Klavs.

Attachments

• 20kW.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 802

vedmitra

Thanks Mr. Malmir for great information, taking practical shape will take some times as will have to collect components specialy bc857 and bc847. is there a way if 2 transistors combo can be used for each.

Malmir

On the datasheet at On-Semi they are mentioned as 2 standard bc847/857 witch was original ment to be smd equals for bc547/557, so my guess will be "sure" :).
One could allways glue them together to ensure "heat transfere" :).

Sincerely
Klavs.

vedmitra

Thanks for the information,Mr. Malmir,
can we use bc546c and bc556c as they are 80 volt device in comparison of bc547 and bc557 and bc556c and bc546c are of more gain.I have 1000 pieces of each orignal fairchild with me.

Attachments

• Copy of 100_2299.JPG
    Copy of 100_2299.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Copy of 100_2302.JPG
    Copy of 100_2302.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 55

Malmir

Maybe You need to recalculate some resistors to keep the gain and/or current drop as original as possible, to avoid complete recalculation :). If Your simulation models are rather good, try simulate what the impact will be when changing. My first guesstimate will be a hand full of resistors should be changed too, but not more than that.
BRGDs
Klavs.

Malmir

Rael : I am good but not named sir :).
I do normaly do 1.2 - 1.4 times the max current of amp consumption. But in this case i would try to do a smps. But that is another task :).

Paul : Yeps :).
But still nice. I have tested the "low current" part/board and it works perfektly. I have tested the switch part and that works greatly to. But i do not have equipment for testing the amp in hole, thus i do not know if that would work, but i guess i will.

RAEL

thanks Mr. Malmir, but how about if i have to run this amplifier into true 5Kw RMS , how much the exact V/A in secondary windings?