Another IR2153 smps

res_smps

I have made another driver board for i-SMPS.
This time it is based on UCC25600. Just take a look, a few components only, and you have :
-very very low standby current (startup from the resistor !!), no extra transformer required
-very powerfull driver IR2110
-soft start
-two stage over current protection
-very easy DT adjustment (no problems with max duty as with SG3525 anymore, you can adjust it to 49% if you wish to do)
-no current sense transformer required, simple reactive divider only
-standard and LLC SMPS capability at the same board (only two capacitors change with wima MKP10 series and wind the integrated trafo)

View attachment 5743

board 28mm x 38mm

I will post some further work later on.

Regards Peter

I am waiting..... :)

I have unfinished regulated smps with L6599 and I have 2pcs UCC25600 and some IR2110 in hand and I have draw schematic for it, but unfortunately i don't have time to continue
I'm glad you're making smps using ucc25600 so i can learn from you and maybe we can discuss it

regards,
res

borysgo2

No worries. I will post the resaults when I have some spare time.
There is a lot of new nice controllers so why to stick with old tl494 or SG.

Regards Peter

res_smps

No worries. I will post the resaults when I have some spare time.
There is a lot of new nice controllers so why to stick with old tl494 or SG.

Regards Peter

tl494 is the cheapest (0.4usd) and easily obtained here, at least they can salvage it from pc power supply

some people are capable in designing smps (do a calculation, simulation, pcb desain etc) and have adequate equipment but many other just follower, they make smps (using working schematic from internet) only with avo meter, light bulb, feeling and courage, most of them don't have an oscilloscope or L (LC) meter

on the other hand the local shops only sell components that are commonly in use, or we make the chip to be famous then they will start to sell
if we want to buy from mouser, digikey (70usd exclude tax) shipping costs too expensive, unless we do a group buy

borysgo2

tl494 is the cheapest (0.4usd) and easily obtained here, at least they can salvage it from pc power supply

some people are capable in designing smps (do a calculation, simulation, pcb desain etc) and have adequate equipment but many other just follower, they make smps (using working schematic from internet) only with avo meter, light bulb, feeling and courage, most of them don't have an oscilloscope or L (LC) meter

on the other hand the local shops only sell components that are commonly in use, or we make the chip to be famous then they will start to sell
if we want to buy from mouser, digikey (70usd exclude tax) shipping costs too expensive, unless we do a group buy

Yes, but what you save on tl494 or SG you will have to spend on bigger pcb, more components, 3.2VA small transformer, extra few diodes and lt7915 for bias PSU, more time and so on.
SMPS controllers can be bought for a small money at ebay.

There is another interesting controller IRS2795 (my next driver board !!).
8 pins, with integrated gate driver, soft start, over load protection (based on RdsON voltage drop detection).
Regards

Last edited:

mone

I have a question. To the primary winding of the transformer. Winding 1/2 primary turn. The beginning of the winding should be on the side MOSFET or from the side of the coupling capacitor (1uf/250V)? Does it matter?

mone

I have two questions.
1. What thermistor(NTC) to use electrolytes 2x400uF/400V in primary. What were the resistance and of which a maximum current(A).
2. What fuse? 5 / 6.3A?

expressel

Hey dudes, what about this method for driving half bridge + protection ?
Its for 240W limiting.

Last edited: