Another IR2153 smps

mone

Watch this topic for a long time. I would like to ask whether there are any progress and is there a chance the finished project?

thx

borysgo2

I have made some changes recently, I have added two transistor diff amp to make the response much quicker. The final board is ready, I will have to get it soldered in next few days.
I will post update anyway.

Regards Peter

borysgo2

A bit off topic but it might be helpfull.
I have done some small tests on a new board, for now without tweaking the parts values.
Bellow few scope readings how does the current sense work in more traditional aplication of half-bridge smps.
Yellow trace --> primary voltage
Blue trace --> current sensor voltage (AC coupled)
NewFile22.jpg
czujnikowanieJPG.jpg

With a few component values changed the circuit can be more sensitive to the load.
I am just wondering if it is 100% correct and safe in use --> the capactive current sensing.

And the rubbish made off board itself:
1.jpg

And both small and bigger one:
2.jpg

wally7856

If you take anymore waveform's i would like to see a fast sweep showing just the leading edge of the primary voltage and the current sense, to see what the delay is.

wally7856

Do you have a picture showing what the big fan cooled heatsink is cooling and how you connected the heatsink to it.

borysgo2

The mosfets an diodes are at the flat surface of AMD cpu cooler. I can post the photos new year (i am going on hollydays tomorrow). When the fan is running the air is directed straight at the transformer so it is air cooled too. Up to 600-700W fan is not required.

borysgo2

Bellow pic of mounted heatsink with tranies and diodes.
bottom.jpg
tranik.jpg

The SMD stuff at the secondary side is for speaker protection:
- Delayed speakers turn ON
- Fast speakers turn OFF
- DC protect
- AMP over temperature protect.

borysgo2

Short circuit protection test (driver board with SG2525):

[video=youtube_share;nFeTlnNJhGs]http://youtu.be/nFeTlnNJhGs[/video]

Last edited:

borysgo2

The final test with amplifier. All stuff works fine, no fire, only nice sound :D

Happy New Year for all.

Regards Peter

ampik2.jpg

ampik3.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

wally7856

What are you showing in the last picture. It looks like a amplifier with many different plugins. Some of this looks like it was purchased and some looks home made.

borysgo2

The last picture is the older project (developed for last two or three yeares). It is module amplifier (i-AMP), separate output stage and a few input stages (similar like slewmaster project at diyaudio.com).
I have made 4 or more output stages, with bipolar transitors (2,3,4 pairs) and one double bootstrapped mosfet output stage for subwoofer (whrere drivers voltage is bootstrapped from negative and positive rail, so the output is swinging nearly rail to rail, the Vgs voltage is not wasted anymore).

This is the example of THD and IMD plots for IPS board with ECC88 tube + BJT output stage (you will never find a combo like this :D ).
THD plotsJPG.jpg

OPS wit 4 pairs
20151228_172643.jpg

OPS with 3 pairs
3.jpg

Cliffjumper IPS board at work
thd15v JPG.jpg

But the main question is why ?

That is why :D
prototypes.jpg

Before I had to build a prototype every time I have made something new, now I will have to change only 7cm x 7cm driver board.
The same I have made with SMPS, that is why I have started i-SMPS project, You are building main board which can take a universal driver boards made whatever you want. No need to solder whole SMPS again. Work is 10000% faster going this way.
So now I have i-AMP and i-SMPS projects, both are interesting but second one is more dangerous :D.

Regards

Attachments

• THD plots.jpg
    THD plots.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 35
  • thd15v.jpg
    thd15v.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 1k.jpg
    1k.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

bud17

My first SMPS the voltage droped when connect to load.
Before connected to load the voltage is 16.6 V but after connect to load become the voltage 12.2 V and 4.8 A.
My target is 15V 20A. I user ferrite core EER40. Primary np=2x12n 0.5mm 4 strands and secondary ns=3n 0.5mm 8 strands.
Please advice.

Thankyou.

borysgo2

I have made another driver board for i-SMPS.
This time it is based on UCC25600. Just take a look, a few components only, and you have :
-very very low standby current (startup from the resistor !!), no extra transformer required
-very powerfull driver IR2110
-soft start
-two stage over current protection
-very easy DT adjustment (no problems with max duty as with SG3525 anymore, you can adjust it to 49% if you wish to do)
-no current sense transformer required, simple reactive divider only
-standard and LLC SMPS capability at the same board (only two capacitors change with wima MKP10 series and wind the integrated trafo)

ucc25600.jpg

board 28mm x 38mm

I will post some further work later on.

Regards Peter